Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Second Teams.

neilandthomas

Jun 21, 2012
I have to admit I have a second team, I also follow Coventry as that's where I'm from, but its just looking for their results... Nothing more.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I have to admit I have a second team, I also follow Coventry as that's where I'm from, but its just looking for their results... Nothing more.

Promise?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
No second team. Me and my friends follow the results of the German side 1.FC Koln but I'd stop short of saying I actually support them and England doesn't really count.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Ok here we go...... I go and watch Swindon town if I get a free ticket and Brighton are away and we can't go, the only time I pay is if Brighton are playing at the county ground.
2 son in laws are both Swindon ST holders so free tickets are quite easy to come by.....

Currently sat here in Alabama so fire away.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
002-37.JPG

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Sometimes I really like other teams because of the way they play - but it doesn't mean I support the club or country.

e.g. Aberdeen under Alex Ferguson; Ipswich under Robson, Lyall and Burley; Dundee United under McLean; Northern Ireland under Bingham, Brazil in 1982. Is this acceptable?

This is definitely not acceptable on the grounds that you clearly know far too much about Ipswich than is healthy.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I don't support anyone other than Brighton, but I keep an eye on the results of Hibs and have been to some games at Easter Road when up in Edinburgh for the Fringe Festival. My mate lives 10 mins walk from the ground and watching a bit of non league, sorry SPL football is in keeping with the comedy festival.

Last edited:

Camicus

I go and watch Bradford PA with my in-laws and kind of follow the results of Fulham as my cousin played for them and we all used to pitch up there in the 70s

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
I have a few. Anyone who's playing Man United and whoever St Pauli's rivals are (Hamburg?). Can't remember but I dislike politics in football and the St Pauli love-in annoys me.

See I don't get this Anti Man United thing either? They've never done anything wrong for me to dislike them and don't start all this "They cheat" bollocks, quite clearly they deserve to be where they are i prefer them to say city or Chelsea who are only there because of rich owners!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Brighton are my team, first and foremost. Liverpool are my favourite Premier League team and Rangers are my favourite Scottish team. I'd even go as far as to say Barcelona are my favourite Spanish team.

But Brighton are the only team I support.

Is that clear?

I predict this thread will surface on BBS at some point today.

I don't have one, but next season I will be encouraging any Premiership team playing the mongrels to score many, many goals in the hope that they come down with less points and a worse goal difference than Derby.

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Celtic for me. Been up a few times to watch them play in years gone by. Other than that it's one team in England - it's BHA all the way.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely at some level if you're a football fan you like some teams more than others, but it doesn't take away from your support of your club?

A Beatles fan is not a disloyal fan because he sometimes listens to other bands...

Oct 25, 2003
i have favourite players and managers (flair icons) whose teams i like to do well

any team that the zlatan is playing for instantly gets my approval, especially as he tends to play alongside fellow flairniacs. Historically i always gave d-beck my support and i always want super mario to do well. I love Bastian which means I'm naturally drawn towards Bayern, however I also love Mats Hummels so my heart is torn on that one.

In a tournament like the champions league/euros/world cup etc. I'll tend to pick one team and go with it and it's usually the flairest team. For example Czech Republic in 2004, South Korea in 2002 etc. but it's only ever for that tournament and i'm not really that fussed if they win or lose

I like watching MLS, where Sporting Kansas City get my 'support', although again, i'm not that fussed

I generally LOVE football and will watch it at all levels...however the only team that i get truly passionate about is the Albion

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Wait til the Palace fans get a load of this thread

I don't see why. Everyone here who likes other teams still chose Brighton as the team they support. Some even choose Brighton over their hometown club. Says a lot more than if they've never had another side on the radar for their affections.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
I don't see why. Everyone here who likes other teams still chose Brighton as the team they support. Some even choose Brighton over their hometown club. Says a lot more than if they've never had another side on the radar for their affections.

Last time I checked their forum they were frantically ******* over a picture of some Brighton fan with a Chelsea towel or something.

I don't get it either, last time I was at Selhurst I saw a grown man with a Palace shirt on and Liverpool baseball cap, didn't feel the need to take a picture and put it online as soon as I got home.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here