Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Early new Moeen Ali doubtful with thigh injury

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
With not much grass on the wicket, and overhead cloud and humidity, Sir Ian Botham wouldn't be too upset if we lost the toss and got the chance to bowl first. Interesting.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Alastair Cook proves he is a useless tosser, Clarke bats.

Hopefully Jimmy can weave his magic and Broad can keep his length from Cardiff and put them under pressure early doors.

England are unchanged, Watson & Haddin make way for Marsh & Nevill in the Convicts XI.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
With not much grass on the wicket, and overhead cloud and humidity, Sir Ian Botham wouldn't be too upset if we lost the toss and got the chance to bowl first. Interesting.

Well that's whats happened. Lets see if Beefy's right.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

After today it's much fresher and less humid. So, if it's going to swing, it will be today.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Jimmy opens up from the Pavilion End with 3 slips, a gully, a short mid on and a leg slip to Rogers... game on!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The swing that Jimmy is getting is very early... easy enough for the batsmen.

Broad from the Nursery End.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Early overs would suggest this is a batting paradise... Australia look like they will be going LARGE in the first innings. Pressure on the bowlers already.

28-0 (7 overs)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Missed all the opening overs as the bloody cat tripped me up en route to the lounge and I threw an entire mug of coffee all over the sofa. Mass panic trying to get the stains out quickly :(

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Early overs would suggest this is a batting paradise... Australia look like they will be going LARGE in the first innings. Pressure on the bowlers already.

28-0 (7 overs)

If the pitch does not help the bowlers, you're pretty much left with the scoreboard pressure of runs, a pressure that England won't be able exert batting second. If the Australians go over 400 in the first innings, I would imagine the best we can hope for is a draw.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Missed all the opening overs as the bloody cat tripped me up en route to the lounge and I threw an entire mug of coffee all over the sofa. Mass panic trying to get the stains out quickly :(

*cough* Babestation *cough*

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The first Jim Maxwell "DEBOO" of the match on TMS :clap2:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If the Australians go over 400 in the first innings, I would imagine the best we can hope for is a draw.
Going over 400 is easy, it's going over 500 that would cause us problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here