Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wicket, Warner out

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I am not listening to the radio but if you are playing TMS bingo....has Boycott mentioned the 1970's West Indian team yet?

Nope, but then again I haven't heard Boycott yet :D

Blowers did say he was enjoying this 1915 Ashes series though :lolol:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Nope, but then again I haven't heard Boycott yet :D

Blowers did say he was enjoying this 1915 Ashes series though :lolol:

Blowers is unbelievable. He gets everything wrong....the score, the name of the players, the names of the countries playing. I guess this is going some to get the century we are in wrong!

Listen to his commentary he actually gets more things wrong than he does right.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Blowers is unbelievable. He gets everything wrong....the score, the name of the players, the names of the countries playing. I guess this is going some to get the century we are in wrong!

Listen to his commentary he actually gets more things wrong than he does right.

Yet he knew the opening batsmen for South Africa in the 1947 series against England. I think his whole brain is just filled with cricket history.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Yet he knew the opening batsmen for South Africa in the 1947 series against England. I think his whole brain is just filled with cricket history.

I am sure we can all agree, that in this, the first day of the second test of the 2015 Ashes series, between England and Australia, that is a must have piece of information that we all need to know:lolol:

I do sort of understand where you are coming from though. I think he has known so many cricketers over the years he gets them mixed up, for eg Chris and Stuart Broad....well and the fact he is well passed his sell by date.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Yeah, but I knew that (one of them was a former Sussex captain so it was easy to know) and I also know what century we're in

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Here's Boycott, always full of POSITIVE things to say.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I am sure we can all agree, that in this, the first day of the second test of the 2015 Ashes series, between England and Australia, that is a must have piece of information that we all need to know:lolol:

I do sort of understand where you are coming from though. I think he has known so many cricketers over the years he gets them mixed up, for eg Chris and Stuart Broad....well and the fact he is well passed his sell by date.

Bit like John Motson. People love him as he's been around for ages and knows ridiculous amounts of past stats, but when it comes to the actual job of commentating on the here and now, he's hopeless.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Here's Boycott, always full of POSITIVE things to say.

Why do they even consider giving that guy airtime. From what I recall, Boycott's entire batting career consisted of doing his damnest to AVOID scoring runs. Didn't Botham once deliberately get Boycott run out so England could put some runs on the board?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Why do they even consider giving that guy airtime. From what I recall, Boycott's entire batting career consisted of doing his damnest to AVOID scoring runs. Didn't Botham once deliberately get Boycott run out so England could put some runs on the board?

When I visited Antigua a few years ago I went on an organised tour of cricket grounds, which ended with a Q&A session with a West Indies legend. That legend turned out to be Andy Roberts, who gave Boycott a bit of a slagging claiming he was nearly always "injured" whenever England were due on a tour against any side that had ferocious fast bowlers in it.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
First mention of a 1970s bowler :clap2:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Australia 100-1 (24 overs)

Same scoring rate as Cardiff... need a few wickets to move the game along for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here