Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seats have never been sat in.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
All this "depriving people who want to go" nonsense.

My brother has managed to buy individual tickets for Spurs, Blackpool and Doncaster with no problems whatsoever, and all respect to him, he's not the most on-the-ball person around.

This, a friend of mine has bought tickets for all games with no problems. There seems to be a perception by some that tickets sell in a couple of hours but they don't. As long as you are vaguely switched on you will get a ticket. I guess the Liverpool game may be an exception though.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My seat in the North Stand hasn't been sat in yet.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
All this "depriving people who want to go" nonsense.

My brother has managed to buy individual tickets for Spurs, Blackpool and Doncaster with no problems whatsoever, and all respect to him, he's not the most on-the-ball person around.

Precisely. Which is why a ticket exchange is a good idea for ST holders but not, at the moment, the club who could actually lose money by introducing one.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Maybe a quick email to the club in these situations would help? You never know they may be unsold and the club may mistakenly have them down as sold... I know it's a little petty but it could mean 2 more Albion fans get in to games that wouldn't have had tickets if not?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Precisely. Which is why a ticket exchange is a good idea for ST holders but not, at the moment, the club who could actually lose money by introducing one.

No, they couldn't, it would only kick in when a game is sold out. Obviously.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
I can't understand the seat police. There are so many reasons why people can't attend matches. Many of us live abroad and can't go to matches, but we wanted to support the club by forking out the price of the season ticket to put in the club's bank account. I have friends who take up our two seats on most occasions, but even they won't always be able to go. Others are on holiday, ill, have to attend weddings or family visits or even have to work the odd Saturday. Imagine if it was standing-only, like the olden days. You wouldn't even know if there were any gaps.

I have to disagree. If there are people that have paid for a ST but were never intending to go to many of the games they should have let someone buy it thats going to get some use out of it. Or at least have someone else to fill it. Very selfish. Maybe next year we will lose these people with increased capacity they will feel that they can buy for specific games and not have to worry about it and the people that are going to go every game can have them. Im sure the 700/800 on the waiting list would want them

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I really can't believe given the buzz about the new stadium that there is anyone out there who has a ST who can't find SOMEONE who would like to use their tickets. If not you don't know an Albion fan, you must have a neighbour with a kid or something who might fancy just seeing what its all about. I appreciate you don't want to hand your card to a complete stranger but would this really be the case?

Mar 10, 2006
Makes me laugh when people say 'I know people who are being deprived of going'. Why the f*** didn't they buy a season ticket when they were for sale - there was plenty of time to get one.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
I can't understand the seat police. There are so many reasons why people can't attend matches. Many of us live abroad and can't go to matches, but we wanted to support the club by forking out the price of the season ticket to put in the club's bank account. I have friends who take up our two seats on most occasions, but even they won't always be able to go. Others are on holiday, ill, have to attend weddings or family visits or even have to work the odd Saturday. Imagine if it was standing-only, like the olden days. You wouldn't even know if there were any gaps.

:thumbsup: Nail on the head, the only thing i would say, if i was a season ticket holder and i couldnt attend games, i would try and give me tickets to family and friends, just to make sure they got used.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Makes me laugh when people say 'I know people who are being deprived of going'. Why the f*** didn't they buy a season ticket when they were for sale - there was plenty of time to get one.
I will be one of the 10 pages.....Not every one can afford a season ticket

:cry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
There have been a couple of games (Gillingham & Sunderland) which haven't been a sell out.

Edit I've just checked and the Posh game didn't sell out until Thursday.

This raises a good point, and something that the club need to be careful of. At Withers in the initial surge of interest we made such a big thing about the sell-outs, and how we needed a bigger stadium, that people got it into their heads that tickets were impossible to get hold of and didn't even try.

This lasted YEARS. I spoke to a few lapsed fans who said they had never been to Withers because "it's impossible to get hold of tickets innit!" At the time we were playing in front of banks of empty seats, and if they'd even bothered to look in the paper at the attendances, they'd have seen it for themselves.

Now OBVIOUSLY, I'm not talking about very committed fans, not even committed enough to be on sites such as these, but the fact remains that at Withdean we put in peoples minds that we played in front of sell-outs every week, and that discouraged casual fans from even trying to get tickets. We did it because we were pushing for a bigger stadium, and presumably felt we needed to show there was that level of interest, but it did cost us bums on seats.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Probably the ones set aside by the club for 1901 members refused entry due to incorrect attire.

so by this logic , we'll NEVER technically sell out unless 1901ers come in scruffy.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
probably some clueless woman has bought 2 season tickets as Christmas presents!!:lolol::facepalm:

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
:thumbsup: Nail on the head, the only thing i would say, if i was a season ticket holder and i couldnt attend games, i would try and give me tickets to family and friends, just to make sure they got used.

Well, exactly. That's just what we do. But I'm surprised with all this computerisation, that we can't go online and say our seat/s won't be used this week, which could release them for sale for someone else for that week. The club would make even more money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here