Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets "Sell Out"

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
We have my season ticket and two for my boys. Youngest has only come to one game as he's just to young so the eldest has brought a friend most games to fill the seat. (Only left it empty once this season) All these friend have never been to games before and on the whole love the experience. You'd be amazed how parents it woudn't even cross the mind of to take their kids to live sport. When I offer to take his pals the parents are surprised it's as cheap and easy as it is at The AMEX. We are very lucky indeed.

There is a large fan base that is untapped but with success more will come. I have been asked by lots of parents about tickets for the Villa game all of a sudden and most upcoming games are getting enquiries in the paly ground and were in deepest Darkest West Sussex.

If, Big if I know, the heights of the Prem are reached then we will see an explosion in the Brighton fan base as interest peaks.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Difficult to gauge based on the play-offs as the figures are likely to be linked to our allocation. Wonder if the club would ever release a indication as to the number of fans registered on their database (probably will be described as commercially sensitive!)

Of course that may have been the case. I do recall during the Withdean days, the club said that, though the average might have been 8000.00 or whatever, their database had 20,000 attendees, albeit obviously infrequently in most cases. I imagine it would be higher now with more attending more regularly. The old adage would presumably be true - build it and the fans will come -look at the amex and Southampton's experience after the Dell only held some 17,000. Quite whether we would top 30,000 for every PL game, assuming we make it, is questionable - the potential is undoubtedly there but for Swansea, Stoke etc, . . .with all respect.

el punal

Of course that may have been the case. I do recall during the Withdean days, the club said that, though the average might have been 8000.00 or whatever, their database had 20,000 attendees, albeit obviously infrequently in most cases. I imagine it would be higher now with more attending more regularly. The old adage would presumably be true - build it and the fans will come -look at the amex and Southampton's experience after the Dell only held some 17,000. Quite whether we would top 30,000 for every PL game, assuming we make it, is questionable - the potential is undoubtedly there but for Swansea, Stoke etc, . . .with all respect.

The Dell, believe it or not, had a capacity of only 15,600+/- in its final seasons. Southampton has always had a good catchment area for fans, apart from the city itself the club could draw from pretty much all of Hampshire except east of Fareham - and we all know why! To the West, the New Forest and parts of Dorset, including Bournemouth, has an abundance of Saints fans. All due mainly to them being a top tier club for the majority of the last fifty years.

There is every reason, should the Albion reach the Premier League, that we too would have attendances of 30,000 for every match. We have consistently averaged 26,000/27,000 per match each season for the last four years in the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here