Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Tickets "Sell Out"

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I suspect that the issue of adults using children's tickets is probably restricted to very few STHs and the club have over-egged it a wee bit.

I can only speak anecdotally on this but having been to loads of away games in the last 5 years since we moved to the Amex, the number of children you see going to watch the Albion compared with other league clubs is extremely high. Go to places like Donnie Rovers or Barnsley and there seems to be very few children watching. The fact that we have almost half an entire stand the length of the pitch designated as the Family Stand plus the school shelf in the NW corner plus loads of children elsewhere (mine included) in the West Stands, East Upper, the North and South West also bears this out.

With you on that first sentence, and the club are going overboard on this. When I pointed out that we ended up with c10 midweek evening kick-offs last season, and perhaps they could change the upgrades such that they were in line with the number of weekday evening kick-offs, I got a similar response to the one that's been generalised this season.
I think the club have got this particular one wrong, but not too much else.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I still think there's a huge untapped fan base too...

If Albion are involved in play-off occasions, the amount of fans that support the club tends to be about 35,000. Given that in a 30,000 sell-out at the Amex we have say 27,500 home fans, this then leaves 7,500. Do you think the "untapped" numbers are more than this? I have always looked at the club's natural support to be about 35,000.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
If Albion are involved in play-off occasions, the amount of fans that support the club tends to be about 35,000. Given that in a 30,000 sell-out at the Amex we have say 27,500 home fans, this then leaves 7,500. Do you think the "untapped" numbers are more than this? I have always looked at the club's natural support to be about 35,000.

Ah, but you've not accounted for the BTCs - Big Time Charlies - the folk that will make the effort for a big game [e.g. play-off] but can't be relied upon to be a regular throughout the season ....

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
What needs to happen is to actually fill the ground every game rather than have empty seats where season ticket holders cannot make it. Thereis a system where the club sell your seat for you. We could

in theory sell say33000 where some seats are sold twice.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Difficult to gauge based on the play-offs as the figures are likely to be linked to our allocation. Wonder if the club would ever release a indication as to the number of fans registered on their database (probably will be described as commercially sensitive!)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
What needs to happen is to actually fill the ground every game rather than have empty seats where season ticket holders cannot make it. There is a system where the club sell your seat for you. We could

in theory sell say33000 where some seats are sold twice.

A ST holder goes sick matchday (usually takes 2 kids). How could they be resold?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I bought my son a half-season ticket yesterday - had to move my seat to do it, but well worth it.

Congratulations Steve - you've just won the Sheebo parent of the day award :thumbsup:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Sussex's population is dominated by the Brighton/Worthing/Littlehampton conurbation that, with a population of over 470,000......

Plenty of untapped support out there.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
As it seems 3pm Saturday has been confided to the history books.

If you include Fulham at end of the month. 5 out of the last 8 Albion home games have been Saturday 3pm.
Norwich, Fulham, Brentford, Barnsley, Preston.

Villa, Wolves, Huddersfield were Tue/Fri matches

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you include Fulham at end of the month. 5 out of the last 8 Albion home games have been Saturday 3pm.
Norwich, Fulham, Brentford, Barnsley, Preston.

Villa, Wolves, Huddersfield were Tue/Fri matches

Those games are now confided to the history books, :facepalm: look forward.
You're really going to kick yourself for already including Fulham.

Last edited:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Those games are now confided to the history books, :facepalm: look forward.
You're really going to kick yourself for already including Fulham.

Ok. I'll rephrase. 3pm games on Saturday are consigned to the history books apart from our last league game , and after Villa, our next one, and the one after that.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The bad news is, if the clubs missives about STHs abusing the children tickets, the figure might not be quite so high.
The good news is that I was walking home with my son today, and there was a group of kids playing football in the playground. Almost exclusively they had Albion kits on, and my boy indicated that none of them really liked football, which really would be an indication of a spreading fan base, albeit from a very small sample.
Eh?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
A ST holder goes sick matchday (usually takes 2 kids). How could they be resold?

I am sure if it is a sell out the club announce this and you declare to he club that you will not be there. I believe that this has happened before a couple of years ago .Someone one hete must have done this.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I am sure if it is a sell out the club announce this and you declare to the club that you will not be there. I believe that this has happened before a couple of years ago. Someone one here must have done this.

So it's like school/work, you have to phone up sick?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ok. I'll rephrase. 3pm games on Saturday are consigned to the history books apart from our last league game , and after Villa, our next one, and the one after that.
I'm sorry but what has Cardiff away got to do with the amount of children's season tickets sold at the AMEX and my direct reply to:-

if the clubs missives about STHs abusing the children tickets, the figure might not be quite so high.

In a conversation regarding the good news that 20% of all supporters are under 16.

Actually forget that, lets just say you're right, I'm wrong, and the club is infallible.
Life is considerably easier that way.

A Wembley playoff final for the premiere would draw 45,000 easily and plenty watching around the county at home,so you could stretch our support to 100,000. When we had our open top bus ride through B+H it was estimated at 100.000:ohmy: There are 5 Albion fans in our house but this season we have attended 3 games between us???

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A Wembley playoff final for the premiere would draw 45,000 easily and plenty watching around the county at home,so you could stretch our support to 100,000. When we had our open top bus ride through B+H it was estimated at 100.000:ohmy: There are 5 Albion fans in our house but this season we have attended 3 games between us???
This is all accurate and there is still MASSIVE untapped support for the Albion in Sussex in terms of the number of kids wearing shirts, people supporting the club and fans attending matches.

Moshe Jnr plays U10 football at Eastbourne Town. On a practice night with 80 kids of different ages attending there will now be a handful of Brighton shirts. 6-10 years ago there might well have been none. If we became established in the top flight for a period of time (as most clubs remotely of our size are or have been) then our fanbase could easily double in a generation.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
That's not taking into account when we play.

As it seems 3pm Saturday has been confided to the history books, there's always going to be seats 'available', under the floodlights.

We'll have more 3pm games if we go up. Might have a few more Sunday games though, but less evening games.

Last season, Bournemouth played 17 of their 19 home games on Saturday/Sunday/Bank Holiday.

Only 2 evening home games a season. Imagine that!

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
With you on that first sentence, and the club are going overboard on this. When I pointed out that we ended up with c10 midweek evening kick-offs last season, and perhaps they could change the upgrades such that they were in line with the number of weekday evening kick-offs, I got a similar response to the one that's been generalised this season.
I think the club have got this particular one wrong, but not too much else.

Bournemouth had 2 midweek evening home games the whole of last season. We could have the same if we were to go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here