Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket waiting list disappears.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
ON website under tickets. Was able to see all seats available

Thanks for that, just had a look. See the seats behind me are up for grabs. Some decent seats available and an awful lot in 31H which I imagine will be the last to go being right next to the away fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Combination of factors really.....

-almost certainly more seats available to be bought given the extra seating capacity
-people unwilling to go back to crowded environments yet
-club might have increased numbers (% of total) available to be held as season tickets
-economic situation for many
-****ing VAR sucking the life out of watching PL football
-no more 'passing tickets' between people without the sharing being signed up for
-sadly lost more than a few to Covid I suspect

Doubt we're in any different position to any other club......and the number on the waiting list was always a bit mythical. Probably nowhere near as high as some claimed.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I rang up on Monday and asked if my son could have a season ticket near to us in the North Stand and they had a spare directly in front of our seats.
I was a bit shocked as they are the cheapest seats going and had been on sale since Friday before

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
1100 available in E1G and E1H... I thought they used to keep these for away fans in the FA Cup? Has the 15% away allocation changed?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I rang up on Monday and asked if my son could have a season ticket near to us in the North Stand and they had a spare directly in front of our seats.
I was a bit shocked as they are the cheapest seats going and had been on sale since Friday before

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Just logged on and the seat next to me was available, so I got it for my son, cheapest seats in the West Upper so thought it would have been snapped up. I was going to defer his place on the waiting list until next year, but as that seat was available it made sense to get it now.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
1100 available in E1G and E1H... I thought they used to keep these for away fans in the FA Cup? Has the 15% away allocation changed?

That area got changed around recently and the existing family area down there got moved elsewhere (much to the annoyance of people that sat there). There's a permanent barrier in that corner now separating home and away fans (under the sky box).

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That area got changed around recently and the existing family area down there got moved elsewhere (much to the annoyance of people that sat there). There's a permanent barrier in that corner now separating home and away fans (under the sky box).

So how do they make up the 15% (~4800) ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I gave up my ST this summer (genuinely through my hatred of VAR) after 27 years and as some of you know am going to watch my real 'local' side in Shoreham from August.

I still got the same email offering another ST even after not renewing and even though the 92% take up is pretty impressive, I was surprised as anybody to hear the waiting list seems to have disappeared completely. I'm sure though most games will sell out as there will always be people buying match to match tickets which ironically should net the club more as they are effectively more expensive (pro-rata), and I for one will still buy the odd one occasionally. Just because I'm going to watch non-league footy next season doesn't diminish my interest in the Albion but I can't wait for August to arrive and start supporting the non league scene again.

Hopefully everybody who now wants a ST at the Amex should be able to get one and the rest will undoubtedly go on a match by match basis, so fully expect crowds at capacity next season.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
So how do they make up the 15% (~4800) ?

They go across the south stand; only season tickets offered there are in S1G and S1H. S1A-S1F are all potentially for away fans.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I've just noticed the seat next to me in East Upper is for sale again. For more than two seasons I've had random people sit next to me. Some never came back for the second half. No idea why :moo:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Combination of factors really.....

-almost certainly more seats available to be bought given the extra seating capacity
-people unwilling to go back to crowded environments yet
-club might have increased numbers (% of total) available to be held as season tickets
-economic situation for many
-****ing VAR sucking the life out of watching PL football
-no more 'passing tickets' between people without the sharing being signed up for
-sadly lost more than a few to Covid I suspect

Doubt we're in any different position to any other club......and the number on the waiting list was always a bit mythical. Probably nowhere near as high as some claimed.

The numbers on the season ticket waiting list always came from Paul Barber, 8,000 as at December 2019.
https://offthepitch.com/a/brighton-increase-capacity-their-stadium

Folk had to pay a deposit to be on the list, presumably to show intent, weeding out time-wasters.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've just noticed the seat next to me in East Upper is for sale again. For more than two seasons I've had random people sit next to me. Some never came back for the second half. No idea why :moo:

Interesting, so @Lamie Robertson sometimes left at half time, no doubt when the team was losing. Lightweight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here