Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket waiting list disappears.



amexer

Well-known member
Aug 8, 2011
6,353
To go from 8k waiting list to 0 in such a short time is a surprise although always a little sceptical of figures quoted by PB. I think could be many out there who havent bothered to put name down and think it would be a good idea for club to actively promote fact many STs available to anybody in all parts of ground.
Always thought it was a bit much that people who wanted to pay club for a ST when available had to pay a fee to go on a list. At least that is now avoided
 




Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
9,623
As I understand it the list is still intact as those when offered a seat can chose to stay up the top of the list for next season with a 1 year deferral.

It is then offered down the list ending up as members.

I rejoined with my son and stared at 7,000 3 years ago, it rolled at c2,000 a year so the plan was we would be successful in 3 years give or take but went from 5,000 to being offered this season which I’ve taken up.

No absolute way of knowing for sure but I suspect we have a decent list and expect next March will be interesting to see movement with normality (hopefully) having returned


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 


HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
1,789
My brother gave up his season ticket and received four separate phone calls from the club “reminding” him to renew before the deadline passed. Didn’t strike me as a club who had thousands waiting to take his place.
 










spoonie

Well-known member
Apr 19, 2011
1,092
Is it possible to see online where seats are available in 1901

Don't think so -it would be handy if we could see this - might tempt groups of 3 or 4 with good seats elsewhere in the ground to move there knowing there are seats free and if there are some together
 


dazzer6666

Well-known member
NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
53,142
Burgess Hill
Having a choice from 2,700 available seats isn’t necessarily the same as saying there are 2,700 season tickets unsold.

I think this is the key........at the moment the whole of E1G is ‘available’ for example but I can’t see the whole block being turned over to STHs even if there were enough wanting them. It’s just giving new STHs the widest choice of seats.

I guess the club have a ST ceiling number leaving a % available for members/general sale ?
 




GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
3,230
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I started out at somewhere over 7000 on the list a number years ago and slowly got closer by a 1000 or so each year to the head of the queue. At the beginning of this season I was just under 4000 in the list and was offered/able to buy. As an exile it was impractical during the pandemic so did not take up the chance.

Again this year I was in band 3 and had the opportunity but even though things have massively improved covid wise in this country, I am personally going to remain cautious in my travel arrangements this year and so did not take up the offer again.

I hope all is well with the world and the offer will still be there next spring for the 22/23 season.
 








HH Brighton

Well-known member
Jul 25, 2003
1,525
That new family area in the NW corner N2A and N2B would have seen loads of people move their family tickets from East Lower. Great spot at a great price if you've got kids.
 


Pogue Mahone

Well-known member
Apr 30, 2011
10,765
I'm so pleased that this thread was started.

My son gave up his ST when he went to uni 4 years ago, and expected to have to wait years to get another. This morning he has bagged one in W3H, five rows in front of me.

It's going to be great to start going with him again.
 


el punal

Well-known member
I don’t know if there are hard and fast rules regarding the number of season ticket sales against ground capacity, but I was led to believe that it should not exceed 75%. Relating that in numbers to the Amex it means that STs account for up to 23,000 with the remaining 25% (7,750) being allocated to 3,000 away fans and 4,750 for individual match day tickets, club guests and so on.

On the other hand it could be that the club are not restricted to those rules (aside from an allocation of 3,000 for away fans). To guarantee revenue they may have taken the route of allocating some of the 4,750, plus the additional newly installed seats, to those on the season ticket waiting list. Your thoughts on this?
 




*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
9,351
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I don’t know if there are hard and fast rules regarding the number of season ticket sales against ground capacity, but I was led to believe that it should not exceed 75%. Relating that in numbers to the Amex it means that STs account for up to 23,000 with the remaining 25% (7,750) being allocated to 3,000 away fans and 4,750 for individual match day tickets, club guests and so on.

On the other hand it could be that the club are not restricted to those rules (aside from an allocation of 3,000 for away fans). To guarantee revenue they may have taken the route of allocating some of the 4,750, plus the additional newly installed seats, to those on the season ticket waiting list. Your thoughts on this?
Someone must know, can someone email Mr Barber? I was wondering if the seats that were supposedly put in recently have always been there. I always wondered how we get sold ticket attendance of about 30, 300 approx when the capacity was around 30, 750 and the covered seats isolating the away fans was huge. I am expecting these ccovered areas to be much smaller next season. You only have to see the difference in segregation at a Spurs/Arsnal match to come to the conclusion that segregation at the Amex is well over the top.
The bulk of 'new seats' have probably always been there but now we have planning permission to use them.
 


BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
11,090
WeHo
That new family area in the NW corner N2A and N2B would have seen loads of people move their family tickets from East Lower. Great spot at a great price if you've got kids.

Apart from there were no moves this time unless kids had turned 18 and you had to move out of family areas. I'd have loved to moved from E1A up there.
 


blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
7,645
a galaxy far far away
Just got my young lad a season ticket. Two seats together in WSU. Great to be able to get in in. Silver linings and all that
 


CP 0 3 BHA

Well-known member
Nov 28, 2003
2,256
Northants
Really pleased to have spotted this thread.

My buddy who had to move from WSU due to his late father's mobility issues has now managed to get back upstairs with his son, with seats right next to mine.
 








Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports


Top
Link Here