Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket Renewal ...

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Just spotted this in PB's programme notes for today ...

"Finally, details of our new season ticket packages will be released around the time of the home match with AFC Bournemouth, so please look out for the renewal timetable".

I know @Bozza mentioned on another thread that he should see a preview next week re plans for 23/24. I'm anticipating a small increase given prices have been frozen for a few years.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Wasn’t there a survey a few years ago that found BHA season ticket holders to be the richest of any club in the country ? Perhaps means testing would be the way forwards 😗
Think Richie Reynolds said that survey wasn’t fair as it was only taken from a sample of people living in Hove !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I wonder if they might freeze prices, noting the cost of living crisis.

Club coffers must be good - incremental EPL prize money and transfers income.
Tough call for Barber. All things considered, another freeze seems sensible.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
With inflation around 10% and average wage growth 6% a small rise would be acceptable as in 1-2 %

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
With inflation around 10% and average wage growth 6% a small rise would be acceptable as in 1-2 %
But this means, in real terms, people are less well off. Even more justification for a freeze imho

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Depends upon the inflationary costs being paid by the club. Would be unusual for any business to not be raising its prices at the moment. Anyway, I’m only teasing. Good luck talking it down :)
True. But then the club has had exceptional transfer income over the past year and some extra dollar from the high position last season.

My gut feeling is there will be an increase.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Depends upon the inflationary costs being paid by the club. Would be unusual for any business to not be raising its prices at the moment. Anyway, I’m only teasing. Good luck talking it down :)
You’re right though….club’s costs will have risen significantly. Would expect an increase in ST costs, particularly after being frozen for a while.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1-2% will on average be between 50p and a pound extra per month If paying direct debit. Not ideal but not unmanageable.
For most, probably.

But there are bound to be people who will already be seriously considering having to give up their season ticket(s) due to the spiralling cost of true essentials in their day-to-day lives. An increase of any kind may be sufficient to tip the decision in favour of not renewing for some.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1-2% will on average be between 50p and a pound extra per month If paying direct debit. Not ideal but not unmanageable.
I think psychologically it could be enough for some.

I guess the season ticket waiting list might play a part in any decision. Is there a waiting list? If there’s a long list of willing people this could mitigate any cancelations due to price increase.

SteveU

May 31, 2022
I think psychologically it could be enough for some.

I guess the season ticket waiting list might play a part in any decision. Is there a waiting list? If there’s a long list of willing people this could mitigate any cancelations due to price increase.

You think a 50p to a pound increase per monthly direct debit might be enough for people to not renew their season ticket?

If that’s right, you can’t be serious?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
You think a 50p to a pound increase per monthly direct debit might be enough for people to not renew their season ticket?

If that’s right, you can’t be serious?
For those who aren’t feeling the pinch, I think it can be difficult to appreciate the financial decisions of those that are.

You may desperately want to renew and told yourself “if they stay the same price I’ll renew, otherwise I’ll have to cancel”.

You may have even made that commitment to a spouse who is worried about the household budget.

So even a small increase could be a key psychological trigger for some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here