Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket pricing for League 1

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
In last night's programme Cardiff were offering family season tickets for next season (2 adults & 2 kids) for £699 and stated that season ticket holders would save £100 next season in the hope that attendances would increase and create a better atmosphere for the team. I will renew whatever the price but the club need to consider what they charge as a lot of fans will not renew.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It's too expensive as it is now, Barber should be pricing tickets to fill the stadium every game. He seems to be ignorant regarding the average earnings of people around Brighton who want to watch Football..
He seems to have got the pricing right. We average 25.4K paying punters per game - the third highest in the league - which is 85% of capacity. If we were to have reduced all tickets by 15% for this season, would it have resulted in 30K gates every week - i.e the same ticketing income? I very much doubt it.

Do the maths.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Says the man with no friends that have STs, pathetic

What does that mean? Just because I am setting a limit of what I will or will not accept to part with my hard earned. Its MY choice. We all have a choice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Barber made £650,000 in one year, which is pretty quick in my view.
He's getting paid a salary, not making a profit from the fans/customers. The suggestion was that we're overpaying so that someone can make a nice profit at our expense, which is clearly not happening.

So if Barber wants my business as a customer then minimum standards need to be met. And MY minimum standard is Champ football.
Surely that's a target for the players and manager, I'm not sure there's a lot that Barber can do about it now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
He's getting paid a salary, not making a profit from the fans/customers. The suggestion was that we're overpaying so that someone can make a nice profit at our expense, which is clearly not happening.

Surely that's a target for the players and manager, I'm not sure there's a lot that Barber can do about it now.

Fair comment but as he is the CEO the buck stops with him.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
When we go down will the Amex be renamed The White Elephant Stadium?
Why would it be called that? If you go back through NSC you'll see that a lot thought Amex ('Falmer') crowds would be about 12,000 once the novelty had worn off, moving up to the 20,000s for big games. There were even threads discussing which areas should be tarped off!

If we'd never got close to selling out the Amex, or if we expect to always be a poor L1 side never to challenge again then your comment might have some merit.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It would need something like this to retain the current number of season ticket holders in my opinion. There would need to be a roots and branches review of the finances (again) and question number 1 from Bloom might be whether we continue paying £500k for a Chief Exec.

Correct. Our wage costs would be much lower as obviously there will be relegation clauses or similar written into the players contracts.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
We are the most expensive day out in the league, season ticket prices rather high. If we go down, which is beginning to look more likely prices will have to be dropped.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair comment but as he is the CEO the buck stops with him.
You don't want to commit to a season ticket unless you're going to see Championship or better quality football, which is fair enough. If we're going to debate whether that's down to Barber or others, I wonder if we've both got work or chores that we're trying to avoid :)

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's been said before that if the club are happy to fleece fans by increasing ST prices if promoted (does any other club do this?) then the club should reduce ST prices if relegated.

I expect ST and match day prices to be frozen for next season. Although some fans will pay whatever is asked of them, ticket prices are already at or close to the maximum that a lot of people will be prepared to pay in particular as most of the football has been pretty uninspiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here