Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket pricing for League 1

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Should be at least a 10% reduction in ticket prices if we go down

It would need something like this to retain the current number of season ticket holders in my opinion. There would need to be a roots and branches review of the finances (again) and question number 1 from Bloom might be whether we continue paying £500k for a Chief Exec.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
With the potential of 30% non renewals that would need an increase of 42% in ticket prices. This would give us the same budget that the fans are not happy about and another £10million+ loss!:facepalm:
It wouldn't surprise me if Tony Bloom covered the loss of income out of his own pocket.

It also wouldn't surprise me if people still moaned about him not spending enough.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Exactly, much as other clubs have done in the past, and is common in Germany too.

Where there's customers, theres a quick buck to be made.
Who's making this quick buck?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well its irrelevant to me as i wont renew. My target for barber is champ football.
I just enjoy watching us play football, it never occurred to me to base my viewing decision on a target I'd set for the chief executive.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I just enjoy watching us play football, it never occurred to me to base my viewing decision on a target I'd set for the chief executive.

To justify the cost of the season ticket Im setting a target of Champ football otherwise I will pick and choose. After all there will be LOADS of seats to choose from.

So if Barber wants my business as a customer then minimum standards need to be met. And MY minimum standard is Champ football.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not renewing if they force me to move by shutting WSU.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When the Season Ticket renewal letters came out last season much was made of the caveat that prices would increase with a promotion to the PL. Regardless of the fact that TV income would grow enormously, the Club felt it would be right to raise the prices.

As we are now just as likely to be challenging for a relegation spot as we were a play off spot last year, maybe Barber would like to add a caveat into the forthcoming letter to provide us some comfort that there would be a nice price reduction next season if we went down. I'm sure the sales of our valuable assets could be offset against this.

If the pricing structure is not well thought out, the AMEX could very quickly become a white elephant of a Club that got so close but failed when they needed that extra investment in Jan 2013.

12-15k in League 1 would reduce the Harvey's queues at half time though

Doubt that very much. They would just close the east and west upper or reduce the number of open outlets.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
It's too expensive as it is now, Barber should be pricing tickets to fill the stadium every game. He seems to be ignorant regarding the average earnings of people around Brighton who want to watch Football..

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Barber would be off like a shot after justifying frozen/increased season ticket prices, telling us how lucky we are and belittling anyone who challenges the word of the Barb. It's all about him rather than the club; all that matters is his ego.

Opinions Paul, Opinions! Don't get all hissy again will you?

More than just an opinion though isn't it? At best it's a personal slur, at worst, character assassination.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
To justify the cost of the season ticket Im setting a target of Champ football otherwise I will pick and choose. After all there will be LOADS of seats to choose from.

So if Barber wants my business as a customer then minimum standards need to be met. And MY minimum standard is Champ football.

That's the worry. STH at the Withdean would renew as it would guarantee they would see all the games. There's no need to do that at the AMEX. Pick and choose your home games, go to the odd away games to add the loyalty points, and when a big Arsenal game comes along you'll still be very well placed to get a ticket.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Says the man with no friends that have STs, pathetic

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
It's too expensive as it is now, Barber should be pricing tickets to fill the stadium every game. He seems to be ignorant regarding the average earnings of people around Brighton who want to watch Football..

Ignorant post, our crowds are 10k above most others every game

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here