Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket prices

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
This is all very well until Sky start messing about with the fixtures then it becomes less viable to purchase a ST if supporters have work commitments which will not allow them to attend on the rearranged times and dates! ???

IF we go up it will not just be sky. Any team in the Europa league who we are due to play the Saturday after a Thursday night match will see the game moved to Sunday or Monday night

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That's the new v renewal price, right? Is this the first time we've had differing prices for renewals to those taking out a new season ticket?

A thought: if both the £670 payer and the £710 payer renew in a year from now, will they both pay the renewal price? It could, conceivably, be below £710 meaning that person sees a price reduction!

Could end up very unwieldy to administer with a whole range of prices for the same areas of the ground if the club repeat the same new/renewal pricing structure in subsequent seasons. Think they would HAVE to either offer a price reduction, either that or increase some STs more than others, to create a uniform price for each area at some point.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Not worries about the increase in season ticket prices but match day tickets if we don't go up can't get any more expensive. Baring category c they are off putting to casual fans. My non season ticket friends never go to category b or a games.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A new adult STH in Zone D has gone from £650 in 2015/16 to £710 in 2016/17... that's a 9.2% increase.

Not really. If you don't already have a ST, you have no base price to calculate an increase from really - only people who this 'increase' would apply to are those that thought about it this season and didn't buy one, and are now thinking again. for existing STHs the increases are minimal.

Think the club have handled this very well - rewarding loyalty and keeping increases reasonable overall.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Could end up very unwieldy to administer with a whole range of prices for the same areas of the ground if the club repeat the same new/renewal pricing structure in subsequent seasons. Think they would HAVE to either offer a price reduction, either that or increase some STs more than others to create a uniform price for each area.

At a guess, they'd only do it for those seasons where we're in with a shout of promotion at this time of year. They want as many people to buy a ST as soon as possible, just in case we don't go up. IMO, the price differential isn't big enough to persuade that many folk who don't want a ST if we're in the Championship, but do if we're in the PL (referred to henceforth as "Palacers" for simplicity and accuracy) to buy before they know which league we'll be in. If you're a Palacer, £30 or so is not enough of an incentive to take the risk. It might be an idea for the club to say now what the price for a ST for a new ST holder will be after the end of this season if we're in the PL....

The club should introduce some real jeopardy into the decision-making for a Palacer, IMO.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Seen what is happening at Arsenal??

Arsenal fans are furious at being forced to pay more for their season tickets because of the Gunners' continual cup success.

Supporters will have to pay a surcharge of up to £30 on their annual tickets because of their progression to the Champions League knockout stages.

If the Gunners were to knock out Barcelona and reach the quarter-finals, fans will again expect further surcharges added to their accounts for next season.

Arsenal supply their gold members, as they call season tickets, with seven cup credits through the season.

Although the Barcelona clash in February is the seventh home cup match of the campaign, the additional charge comes in because it has been classed as a 'category A' fixture.

An email sent to supporters read: “As a result of our continued progress in cup competitions this season, our FA Cup Fifth Round home match against Hull City on the weekend of 19/20/21/22 February is the sixth cup credit for the 2015/16 season and will be a category C match.

“Consequently, our UEFA Champions League Round of 16 fixture against FC Barcelona, to be played on Tuesday, February 23, 2016 will be our seventh cup tie credit of the season and has been designated as a category A fixture.

“Due to the number of matches played this season and the categories assigned to them, there will be an additional cost to your season ticket for the 2016/17 of between £18-30 depending on the price of your seat. This additional cost will be added to your renewal price for next season.”

Supporters are expected to be allowed to opt out of the Barcelona game and surrender their season to general sale if they do not agree with the surcharge..

But the club have defended themselves, saying if the Arsenal's cup opposition had been especially poor this season they may have even offered fans a refund. (yeah right!!)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
So to clarify. Do I need to click I want to renew or can I just let my DD continue as always safe in the knowledge that means I've renewed?

Jan 30, 2008
A minimal increase?

I don't believe that an increase of 6.5% is minimal when compared to current inflation rates and if we do get promoted the increase on a per game basis will be even higher although the club will see the huge benefit of increased tv money.

Why not just be honest and not hide behind the pr spin of a few pounds a month and quote percentage increase.
the customer is always right:whistle:
regards
DR

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Not worries about the increase in season ticket prices but match day tickets if we don't go up can't get any more expensive. Baring category c they are off putting to casual fans. My non season ticket friends never go to category b or a games.

Thats the issue i believe - we need to keep those prices down to attract casual fans - no more than £30 absolute max

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
A minimal increase?

I don't believe that an increase of 6.5% is minimal when compared to current inflation rates and if we do get promoted the increase on a per game basis will be even higher although the club will see the huge benefit of increased tv money.

Why not just be honest and not hide behind the pr spin of a few pounds a month and quote percentage increase.

yeah , i reckon the increase on MY ticket is about £55, about 12%.
or £4,58 Per month, ,
thats NOT a couple, a couple is 2, isnt it ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here