Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season ticket prices if we go up

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This "fewer games" argument really is stupid, boring and tiresome. We'll be playing some of the biggest clubs in the COUNTRY. Some of the biggest in Europe. Not Crystal Palace or Ipswich... Come on now. We're not talking a sideways step.

... but people want everything for nothing. Promotion? Should mean a price drop if anything. Especially if we have ticket stubs from Priestfield. Which I do.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This "fewer games" argument really is stupid, boring and tiresome. We'll be playing some of the biggest clubs in the COUNTRY. Some of the biggest in Europe. Not Crystal Palace or Ipswich... Come on now. We're not talking a sideways step.

... but people want everything for nothing. Promotion? Should mean a price drop if anything. Especially if we have ticket stubs from Priestfield. Which I do.

I've still got my Seagull membership cards from The Goldstone so expecting to get in for free.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I've still got my Seagull membership cards from The Goldstone so expecting to get in for free.

Well, my step dad saw us play at the County Cricket Ground, so I expect he'll get in free and not have to pay for food and drink either. Or clean up after himself.

Are you awestruck by Man U, Liverpool and the likes? You certainly seem so.

Me? Well, let's put it this way. Would you rather see Brighton and Hove Albion play a tiny club like Palace, or Man Utd? Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Man City, Liverpool, Wigan... we're talking the magic of the Premier League!

Really though, I don't care. I'd rather pay more for Premier League football than less for League 1. But it doesn't really matter because I'd be there regardless. I loved going when we were crap, love going while we're good and when we're crap again I'll be all over that too.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Correct. The Club will sell all of its season tickets, irrespective of how high they are priced. The Premier League is king.
This. If people don't want to pay the price hike for the Premier league there will be LOADS who will. They will be queuing up.

Jan 30, 2008
this. If people don't want to pay the price hike for the premier league there will be loads who will. They will be queuing up.
you reckon :whistle: THE SAME LOT WHO WILL **** OFF AS SOON AS THE GOING GET'S TOUGH................. tin pot plastics :angry:
regards
DR

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Well, my step dad saw us play at the County Cricket Ground, so I expect he'll get in free and not have to pay for food and drink either. Or clean up after himself.

Me? Well, let's put it this way. Would you rather see Brighton and Hove Albion play a tiny club like Palace, or Man Utd? Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle, Man City, Liverpool, Wigan... we're talking the magic of the Premier League!

Really though, I don't care. I'd rather pay more for Premier League football than less for League 1. But it doesn't really matter because I'd be there regardless. I loved going when we were crap, love going while we're good and when we're crap again I'll be all over that too.

Fair enough. But I get the feeling or have the belief that those clubs at the top are just not football clubs anymore. Perhaps that's the way we are going but the man u's and suchlike are the clubs that I blame for the ruination of football. As the Americans say, I could care less about playing those clubs. Maybe that would change if we became regulars in the top flight and achieved relative success, but like you I've stood on a cold, wet, windy Tuesday evening at Rochdale or somewhere far from civilization and absolutely loved it. I suppose nothing in football stays the same, especially supporting a club like ours with such a unique history.

A 'tiny club like palace', I like your style :D

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

Its not about wanting something for nothing. It's about reaching the point where some of us slowly but surely being priced out of watching the club we fought to save. To some of us an extra tenner a month will be the tipping point at which we can no longer afford it.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Its not about wanting something for nothing. It's about reaching the point where some of us slowly but surely being priced out of watching the club we fought to save. To some of us an extra tenner a month will be the tipping point at which we can no longer afford it.

Exactly this. I don't think Barber realises how many fans are near that tipping point.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

I agree, completely.

However, the issue is that Paul Barber has been brought in to make this club a more effective business. He knows it's a wealthy area, with little competition in terms of other teams, and a very high demand for tickets (just in the Championship). Anyone who couldn't afford the price increase if we went up, regardless of how long they've followed the club, would have their seat filled with someone wanting to watch Premiership football.

Until more is done to lower ticket prices, AKA replicating the entire German model, that'll unfortunately be the case.

I love going to away games (whilest in Sheffield it's mostly away games that are affordable), but that'll come to almost a complete halt if we were to go up. Sad but true. I can't afford £50 a ticket combined with all other expenses.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

I think you're in the minority there on ninj me lad. We've already been given a substantial price increase and there's only so far it can go. Plenty of clubs have reduced priceson reaching the prem with Burnley making their cheapest season tickets free. I go to watch the Albion and don't give a toss who we're playing so I do think the extra cost per game matters when there are less games.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I don't really get it. Not sure how much we'd get in the Prem from tv but it will be huge by comparison to what additional can be raised by jacking up ticket prices again. Plus the Prem opens up a vast number of additional sponsorship and corporate opportunities that Barber and his commercial team can go after. Taking the approach of bumping up ticket prices because I can doesn't say much about the attitude towards the fans. Of course TB wants his money back but not all in one go!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here