Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket details 22/23

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Am I reading it right, that you have to pay £20 to share & there is an additional fee for each game, depending on the category? A £12, B £8 & C £5

So I think. If you want to give your ticket to someone else next season. You can

- Either hand it over before season starts to someone else for free (ie: request the change of name of ticket)
- Share as much as you like over a season - Join Sharing Scheme - £20, Share with A+ members only ( A+ - currently £25 a season or £28 if not DD for every year) - targeted at those doing it a lot or because its better value than on a match by match basis i think..
- Share once for free as a one off - No £20 fee, but can only Share with A+ members - targeted at those doing it rarely/ ad hoc basis
- Share on a match by match basis - not clear in the blurb so TBC how this works - but presumably there's a one off sharing fee / cost depending on Cat A/B/C matches - its obviously targeted at those that intend doing it 3-4 times a year and presumably not £20.

- or if its a kids ticket or u21 ticket and you want to upgrade - then pay for upgrade, you pay fee depending on difference between a kids price and an adult price A/B/C games. - the anomaly here is that you don't have to be A+ member to benefit here !

well thats my understanding anyway - there's a fair bit of tweaking i think by the club to address the issues raised on here and elsewhere. Although some of course will still think it should be free and ok to share with anyone, for entire season i guess.

PS: Freezing the licence fee saves the average season ticket holder about £30 or £35 a season anyway because of inflation if it was simply raised in line with RPI. It was of course frozen last year as well. RPI is currently 4.8% and likely to go even higher later this year. The average ticket would be about £6 or £7 more a month if it had kept pace with inflation in the past 4-5 years.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Looks like a sound and reasonable set of adjustments that will provide some further flexibility.........still not ideal for all circumstances obviously but without a free-for-all 'do what you like' option that's always likely to be the case I guess. Two things will now follow :

-a very long diatribe at the fans forum on Weds telling us how they've listened, and made changes (partly true to be fair, but it'll be sold as the best thing since sliced bread rather than a recognition of flaws in the sharing scheme)
-more moaning from those it doesn't suit

Suspect biggest issue will be the requirement for all recipients to be A+ members which stops a lot of the potential 'casual' visitors

It's tomorrow isn't it?
I've got a zoom meeting in my Calendar for 7pm on 25th

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
STH can make one free share per season

On a match by match basis ST can be shared at the prices quoted

To cover sharing for the season the STH can pay £20

•• in all of the above ST can only be shared with an A+ member

That’s how I see it
For anybody confused, in a nutshell this is it as far as season ticket sharing is concerned.

Aside from this, if a a ST is cancelled, how many loyalty points are then lost for the following season?

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
So I think. If you want to give your ticket to someone else next season. You can

- Either hand it over before season starts to someone else for free (ie: request the change of name of ticket)
- Share as much as you like over a season - Join Sharing Scheme - £20, Share with A+ members only ( A+ - currently £25 a season or £28 if not DD for every year) - targeted at those doing it a lot or because its better value than on a match by match basis i think..
- Share once for free as a one off - No £20 fee, but can only Share with A+ members - targeted at those doing it rarely/ ad hoc basis
- Share on a match by match basis - not clear in the blurb so TBC how this works - but presumably there's a one off sharing fee / cost depending on Cat A/B/C matches - its obviously targeted at those that intend doing it 3-4 times a year and presumably not £20.

- or if its a kids ticket or u21 ticket and you want to upgrade - then pay for upgrade, you pay fee depending on difference between a kids price and an adult price A/B/C games. - the anomaly here is that you don't have to be A+ member to benefit here !

well thats my understanding anyway - there's a fair bit of tweaking i think by the club to address the issues raised on here and elsewhere. Although some of course will still think it should be free and ok to share with anyone, for entire season i guess.

PS: Freezing the licence fee saves the average season ticket holder about £30 or £35 a season anyway because of inflation if it was simply raised in line with RPI. It was of course frozen last year as well. RPI is currently 4.8% and likely to go even higher later this year. The average ticket would be about £6 or £7 more a month if it had kept pace with inflation in the past 4-5 years.

Do you write furniture assembly instructions for IKEA? 😀😀

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Don't see the confusion myself, but now fully expect about 83 questions all effectively asking the same thing in slightly different words tomorrow night at the Fans Forum, with PB repeating exactly the same answer, when he could just say 'asked and answered' in response.

Don't see the confusion? I think [MENTION=24867]chaileyjem[/MENTION] has summarised excellently. However with the occasional 'not clear' and 'presumably' thrown in for good measure, even for someone who has a good handle on things, there is room for uncertainty. Not everyone has your elevated understanding of the terms.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The club have still failed to address the main problem of being unable to hand the ticket to a friend only a day or two before a game.

If there are several games that you can't attend and want to offload your ticket to various friends and family you still can't do it unless the recipient has paid £25 to become a member of Albion+.

I anticipate missing about 6 or 7 games next season and once again will be unable offload my ticket at the last minute to any mates that might be interested. Most would be general football fans looking to go to a match for some entertainment without paying £25 extra. (I would just ask them for £40 to cover the cost of my ticket on the halfway line of the East Upper)

*Hopefully someone is going to correct me and say the casual attending mate doesn't have to pay the £25 Albion+ joining fee.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They didn't allow us to move there last season either. I'm well p*ssed off about this. Wonder why? People are moving out there & you can buy in the North if you was a new season ticket holder. Don't get why you can't move there! Grrr

Possibly preparing for safe standing - less STHs to move ...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
The club have still failed to address the main problem of being unable to hand the ticket to a friend only a day or two before a game.

I know, right? It's almost like they're trying to stop ticket touting.

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

If there are several games that you can't attend and want to offload your ticket to various friends and family you still can't do it unless the recipient has paid £25 to become a member of Albion+.

I anticipate missing about 6 or 7 games next season and once again will be unable offload my ticket at the last minute to any mates that might be interested. Most would be general football fans looking to go to a match for some entertainment without paying £25 extra. (I would just ask them for £40 to cover the cost of my ticket on the halfway line of the East Upper)

*Hopefully someone is going to correct me and say the casual attending mate doesn't have to pay the £25 Albion+ joining fee.

So the first one you share it with, get them to invest £25 in a MyAbion+ membership (but unfortunately they don't have a phone so can only get a paper ticket), then nominate that person each time you share and they get the paper ticket to pass on.

It does mean you only get £15 for your back pocket from the first share

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Sorry was a email sent today regarding ST renewals and DNA’s forum, haven’t received anything.

Maybe I’ve been banned?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Sorry was a email sent today regarding ST renewals and DNA’s forum, haven’t received anything.

Maybe I’ve been banned?
No, just information published on the club website. Renewal packs will posted out in the coming weeks, most likely along with an email asking supporters to ensure their details are up to date

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Let me get this right. You are looking for a fully flexible ST where you can give/sell to anyone you like at short notice for as many times as you like. You are also suggesting a private transaction where you can charge as much or as little as you like.

Have I misunderstood anything?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sigh! One day I hope to retire, leave this daft shift working job behind me and have my very own season ticket. One day.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Great news re price freeze and more options regarding sharing. Not the complete U-turn on sharing some will have wanted but it'll never go back to how it was.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Let me get this right. You are looking for a fully flexible ST where you can give/sell to anyone you like at short notice for as many times as you like. You are also suggesting a private transaction where you can charge as much or as little as you like.

Have I misunderstood anything?

Time for a bit of honesty, you've got me bang to rights m'lud!

That's how it works at most other clubs.
I realise that you can make me look silly for being so honest about my situation, but in reality I think the lack of flexibility will result in more non-renewals of season tickets than normal.

The drop off will likely be blamed by the club on Covid or the economy, but in reality I think it's as simple as the lack of flexibility of being able to share with a mate without a £25 fee payable by each friend.

To cut out touting you could charge a nominal amount to the recipient whilst capturing their details should there be any issues.

Anyway, the club have decided on their policy and they can now see if it has any impact on renewals or new sales.
With the requirements now announced for next season, I'll just buy tickets for the games I can attend.

I don't want to make this post in April and be accused of commenting in hindsight, I'm just pointing out how I view the situation.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
But can you get a ST with no mask wearing and no Covid jab? I think lots of renewals will wait until the last week of renewal until more questions have been answered.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here