Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket details 22/23

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You wouldn't let it lie. And it is not a one off if there are a few in the group. There are reasonable objections to the scheme but you are unwilling to contemplate them.

And yet, your second point confounds your arguments. Oh dear.

:ffsparr:

No I couldn't - especially when the first 5-6 responses on Twitter were all negative / about the season ticket sharing scheme. It doesn't confound my argument - it highlights that if the price went up and it was 'included' no-one would say a thing, but paying for it separately is a big issue. It is purely a 'cosmetic' / mental issue that people object to it.

Overall it is an incredible deal - when the club had to stomach lack of revenue from the covid delays, the fact we still get a 0% direct debit option and no increase again - the club are really looking after fans to make it as easy as possible for season ticket holders.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I like the chart that tells me I am saving £150 by having a ST compared to match by match tickets.

That would suggest that I pay less if I go to about 14 games.

Seeing as I usually miss 4 or 5 a season, and it's a struggle to get to some of those I go to, this might force my decision which I have been considering a lot, recently. I think I may decide not to renew.

Makes sense put like that........but not if you want to go to any higher-demand away games

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Unless you desperately want to keep your seat and be guaranteed a seat for the matches you can attend, you cannot expect your ST to be cost effective if you miss 4/5 matches

Yep agree, that’s me currently missing 5 games or so , the whole hassle of not being able to pass on your ST to a mate whether they’re a Albion member or not is a pain in the arse

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No I couldn't - especially when the first 5-6 responses on Twitter were all negative / about the season ticket sharing scheme. It doesn't confound my argument - it highlights that if the price went up and it was 'included' no-one would say a thing, but paying for it separately is a big issue. It is purely a 'cosmetic' / mental issue that people object to it.

Overall it is an incredible deal - when the club had to stomach lack of revenue from the covid delays, the fact we still get a 0% direct debit option and no increase again - the club are really looking after fans to make it as easy as possible for season ticket holders.

Fair enough. A lot of the arguments here have been reasonable though. And yes, a small number of fans are simply stirrers who want to cause bother.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
A couple of people I know just forward Q code when cant attend. I think that will happen more often now

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021

Instead of 5000 giving up there season ticket it will now only be 3000

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Wanted to move to the North but it looks like they aren't letting anyone move there at all.

They didn't allow us to move there last season either. I'm well p*ssed off about this. Wonder why? People are moving out there & you can buy in the North if you was a new season ticket holder. Don't get why you can't move there! Grrr

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Seems like a reasonable compromise. One of the main complaints seemed to be from people that would only miss 1-2 games per year, meaning that paying the £20 wasn’t economical. To be honest, if you’re missing more 5+ games a season and don’t have a regular mate to share with, then a season ticket probably isn’t the best thing for you. Although, I imagine that it’d be quite hard for some to give up their seat next to people they know and/or if they’re in particularly prime spots.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Seems like a reasonable compromise. One of the main complaints seemed to be from people that would only miss 1-2 games per year, meaning that paying the £20 wasn’t economical. To be honest, if you’re missing more 5+ games a season and don’t have a regular mate to share with, then a season ticket probably isn’t the best thing for you. Although, I imagine that it’d be quite hard for some to give up their seat next to people they know and/or if they’re in particularly prime spots.

I would imagine there are many thousands of people currently in this position. It will be interesting to see churn/takeup ratio next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

More or less, although one of the main issues (for me at least - which I accept is personalising it but I know it affects many others) is still that it can only be shared with Albion+ members - most of those I attend with/travel with etc are all STHs and don't have any A+ members on their F&F list. I don't know why the 'match by match' sharing option where a fee is paid can't be to anyone, as it's basically the same as upgrading a concession.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Ok - so have I got this right?

You still have to pay the £20 ticket transfer fee. The only difference being that you are allowed to transfer it once free of charge?

And whoever you transfer it to has to pay £20 regardless?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
Am I reading it right, that you have to pay £20 to share & there is an additional fee for each game, depending on the category? A £12, B £8 & C £5

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is apparent here already that there is a lot of room for confusion. That's a shame as the club had a decent chance to get this right.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think it's either match-by-match at the prices quoted, or £20 to do it as much as you want

STH can make one free share per season

On a match by match basis ST can be shared at the prices quoted

To cover sharing for the season the STH can pay £20

•• in all of the above ST can only be shared with an A+ member

That’s how I see it

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It is apparent here already that there is a lot of room for confusion. That's a shame as the club had a decent chance to get this right.

Don't see the confusion myself, but now fully expect about 83 questions all effectively asking the same thing in slightly different words tomorrow night at the Fans Forum, with PB repeating exactly the same answer, when he could just say 'asked and answered' in response.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here