Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket ‘Booking Protect’

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Has anyone read the T&C’s of this ‘offer’ that was just emailed out?

Looks like a total waste of money, as getting a refund looks virtually impossible.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Has anyone read the T&C’s of this ‘offer’ that was just emailed out?

Looks like a total waste of money, as getting a refund looks virtually impossible.
Agreed, I was interested when I saw if you miss a game because of illness. Less so when you have to get a 'Doctor's report'

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I say this as a fan of the club and someone who works within the insurance industry; do not get this. It's a grade A con. You'll never make a claim stick.

Case in point number one:

unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before
the date of the booked event;

In theory you could get a refund due to the National Rail strike. In practice, since this will be balloted, announced ahead and may result in extra coaches or parking, you won't be able to claim.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I say this as a fan of the club and someone who works within the insurance industry; do not get this. It's a grade A con. You'll never make a claim stick.

Case in point number one:

unexpected disruption of the public transport network you could not have reasonably known about before
the date of the booked event;

In theory you could get a refund due to the National Rail strike. In practice, since this will be balloted, announced ahead and may result in extra coaches or parking, you won't be able to claim.

I was going to post similar - for a club that has been admired for his stance on betting , crypto etc. this seems a massive con.

Getting a doctors letter for missing a match ? Good luck. Or if you can it’ll cost you £20+ any way ..

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You will be asked to provide • a death certificate where your refund
request is for death;

They might be suspicious if you turn up with your own death certificate !!

Agree with everyone else...complete waste of money !!!

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
The adverse weather warning section in the e-mail written in Scottish- 'Government agency have issued warnings no to travel' !

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Having read the email again the poorer it comes across. Really is an absolute scam you'd expect from a sub prime lender or something similar.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Looks like pure Barberism. The downside of the way the club is run (which is mostly great except for stuff like this),

Just sell a ticket and let someone in to watch a match FFS, and don't be an asshole if they can't come - let somebody else come and watch the team in their place! It's not difficult............and if it's somehow losing revenue, it's losing more than that in good will.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looks like it just about covers your car breaking down on the way to a game (may be useful for those that travel a long way) or anyone unfortunate enough to get a serious illness that stops them going to a lot of games…..other than that there is so much wriggle room they’ll hardly pay out for anything

Third party product….wonder what commission the club are making?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Pointless to purchase.

If you read the definitions

Season Ticket – A non-refundable, authorised season ticket that was purchased from us where Booking Refund Protection has been included at the same time as purchasing the season ticket(s)

Given that Booking Refund Protection was not included at the same time as purchasing, as only being offered now, there is no cover for any season ticket.

Also in the time we have been at the Amex I have not missed any games due to the circumstances that are outlined as being possible to claim against.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here