Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season Ticket ‘Booking Protect’

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Looks like pure Barberism. The downside of the way the club is run (which is mostly great except for stuff like this),

Just sell a ticket and let someone in to watch a match FFS, and don't be an asshole if they can't come - let somebody else come and watch the team in their place! It's not difficult............and if it's somehow losing revenue, it's losing more than that in good will.

Years ago, when Barber first started calling us "customers" I warned that he would "squeeze fans until the pips squeak". I rest my case.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
"Season Ticket – A non-refundable, authorised season ticket that was purchased from us where Booking Refund Protection has been included at the same time as purchasing the season ticket(s)"

This is the crucial bit for me. I've emailed the club on this precise clause in the Ts&Cs. Given they're communicating this offer to STHs who have already purchased their ST, it seems totally mental to be offering a product that is contingent on having purchased it at the time of the ticket.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
"Season Ticket – A non-refundable, authorised season ticket that was purchased from us where Booking Refund Protection has been included at the same time as purchasing the season ticket(s)"

This is the crucial bit for me. I've emailed the club on this precise clause in the Ts&Cs. Given they're communicating this offer to STHs who have already purchased their ST, it seems totally mental to be offering a product that is contingent on having purchased it at the time of the ticket.

Are you looking to take out this insurance?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Years ago, when Barber first started calling us "customers" I warned that he would "squeeze fans until the pips squeak". I rest my case.

Did you also predict that we would finish 9th in the Premier League with him at the helm, out of interest?

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

Don't answer any knock at the door.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Given the rate of inflation and the news that he's kept season ticket prices frozen for the last two years and for some , three years - then has this ruined your case ?

thony

Jul 24, 2011
Hollingbury
I'm a STH, and I don't seem to have got this email, and don't see anything on the ticketing website saying that I can take up the option.
Has anyone managed to get confirmation from the Club that this email is genuine (as erroneous test emails have been sent out during the close season in previous years), and that this is still an option this year?

Having a quick Google, this is the scheme that was introduced for the 2020/21 season as per the following:
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1613280/202021-season-tickets-with-booking-protect
...however, in the ticketing FAQs, wherever the scheme is mentioned it is under a heading of 2021/22 season (and only for single-match tickets, not for season tickets). Anything that specifically mentions 2022/23 season has no mention of this scheme at all.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I'm a STH, and I don't seem to have got this email, and don't see anything on the ticketing website saying that I can take up the option.
Has anyone managed to get confirmation from the Club that this email is genuine (as erroneous test emails have been sent out during the close season in previous years), and that this is still an option this year?

Having a quick Google, this is the scheme that was introduced for the 2020/21 season as per the following:
https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1613280/202021-season-tickets-with-booking-protect
...however, in the ticketing FAQs, wherever the scheme is mentioned it is under a heading of 2021/22 season (and only for single-match tickets, not for season tickets). Anything that specifically mentions 2022/23 season has no mention of this scheme at all.

The subject line of the email says protect your 22/23 Season Ticket.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Are you looking to take out this insurance?

100% not. I just wanted to flag that clause, as I didn't want another fan to take out the insurance and potentially not read through the full terms and conditions. I might be wrong and be taking that section too literally, but I thought it worth clarifying at least.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
100% not. I just wanted to flag that clause, as I didn't want another fan to take out the insurance and potentially not read through the full terms and conditions. I might be wrong and be taking that section too literally, but I thought it worth clarifying at least.

I struggle to read the T&Cs of the things I might buy. I’ve never read them for something I have no intention of buying.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
You'd assume, as the FAB structure is in place, that club comms relating to fan charging initiatives like this would be pre-parsed by the reps as an early barometer of likely fan response.

Or was it all just lip service to defuse the disatisfaction over nickel and dime ST sharing charges.

They haven’t met yet, protection for individual tickets has been offered for years - and perhaps give the FAB a few weeks before insisting they’re part of a smokescreen to provide cover for specific grievances.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
They haven’t met yet, protection for individual tickets has been offered for years - and perhaps give the FAB a few weeks before insisting they’re part of a smokescreen to provide cover for specific grievances.

Some people have an axe to grind for some reason and will join the band waggon of criticism about anything the club we love tries to do.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I struggle to read the T&Cs of the things I might buy. I’ve never read them for something I have no intention of buying.

I should have clarified that I was potentially interested when the email came in. I'm always somewhat skeptical of these ticket protection schemes, so decided to read the particulars of the terms.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Maybe at £40 sent out to make sharing scheme look cheap

Did you get a season ticket this season Amexer. You always seemed to have spare tickets or friends who wanted to go etc. Wondering what you've decided to do.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Pretty certain he never said that but it keeps getting regurgitated. He said that we should treat our fans as if they were customers, ie that we had a choice where we would go and watch our football.

Perhaps you can remember the 70s and 80s when fans were treated like fans. Dangerously fenced in, broken toilets, crap food and beer etc etc.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As I've got cheaper season tickets I'm prepared to take the hit if for some reason I can't make it to a match due to circumstances beyond my control. Could imagine those that pay top price or 1901 might be interested as they have much more money going out on their tickets.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe at £40 sent out to make sharing scheme look cheap

Wouldn't be at all surprised if that was the half-bright thinking behind this crap initiative, to nudge STH in the direction of the sharing scheme. At what point do the club have a word with themselves and give it a rest and stop trying to fully monetise the customer base? ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
As I've got cheaper season tickets I'm prepared to take the hit if for some reason I can't make it to a match due to circumstances beyond my control. Could imagine those that pay top price or 1901 might be interested as they have much more money going out on their tickets.

You do realise you'll have to be prepared to argue the toss - complete with full supporting documentation - with some insurance company who will be hell-bent on not paying you out? Good luck with that :nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here