Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season changing result? So many positives.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We have thats why recent results have been more than disappointing. That doesnt take anything away from today. Back that up with a win against Fulham we may kickstart our season.

When we play Fulham, assuming they lose to Utd, they could be 5pts behind with only one game in hand so a win moves us 8 clear with them only having the one in hand. That's a three win difference. Lose and then the following round of games they could go above us!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We have thats why recent results have been more than disappointing. That doesnt take anything away from today. Back that up with a win against Fulham we may kickstart our season.

While recognising that nobody is too good to go down, I can’t help thinking that we are too good to go down..... famous last words.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Definitely season changing.

But....

The Fulham match is still Potter's biggest game so far as albion manager and a loss would undo all today's good work.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
I did think that before the game, a bad defeat and I think even TB might have wavered. Absolutely massive result imo

I think the result is enormous.

A fight back from 1-3 down.

Narrowly losing to Man City with a fantastic performance, that clearly made City worry about conceding.

A hard fought victory against the best manager the world has ever seen.

The common theme has been the work rate, every player played their part and no one needed carrying. The win tops off a tough period, but 4 points from a possible 9, good stuff. We just need to win those home games.

But at least we have Burnley, West Brom and Sheffield United away from home this season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think the result is enormous.

A fight back from 1-3 down.

Narrowly losing to Man City with a fantastic performance, that clearly made City worry about conceding.

A hard fought victory against the best manager the world has ever seen.

The common theme has been the work rate, every player played their part and no one needed carrying. The win tops off a tough period, but 4 points from a possible 9, good stuff. We just need to win those home games.

But at least we have Burnley, West Brom and Sheffield United away from home this season.[/QUOTE

Dressing room still pro Potter is the biggest plus for me

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think I'm going to buck the trend and say no.

Accepting that we might slip back into old ways and this be a false dawn, but assuming we don't, I think there are stronger arguments for the Wolves or Newport games. To lose a one goal lead and go in at half time 3-1 on the back of the run we'd had, and to turn it around the way we did was a massive boost. It reinforced that we can get goals, and strengthened the team unity and I think may have felt more like a win than the penalty shoot out v Newport. That has set our recent run on its way.

Newport saw us dominate, and the last minute equaliser could have taken the air out of us, but we kept going and got the win.

Those two combined gave us the basis for a good, confident performance against Man City, and another good, confident performance that saw us beat Leeds.

Walton's behaviour no the bench was appalling.

I didn't pay attention to the subs, so didn't notice earlier that Walton was the back up keeper. Do we know why Jason 'No, he's my number two, even when ryan is dropped' Steele wasn't on the bench again after sigining a new contract and winning us the penalty shoot out v newport?

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Looking back, what teams have gone down from the prem that really were 'too good to go down'?

For every team that someone puts forward, someone else will disagree.

But I would say arguably plucky little Bmuff last season, much though I enjoyed their demise.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes we played very well, yes it was an excellent result, but may l just remind everyone that it was just ONE win.

In true NSC style we are all getting carried away after our first victory in ten games. Hopefuly we will beat Fulham and then go on from there, but lets not start celebrating too much yet, huh?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For every team that someone puts forward, someone else will disagree.

But I would say arguably plucky little Bmuff last season, much though I enjoyed their demise.

I hope you donned your tin hat and enjoyed Plucky's demise in silence bearing in mind where you are situated.

There again l suppose you had all the Saints fans to keep you company too,

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Season changing ??? One swallow does not make a summer, but an excellent result nonetheless. We ground out a 1 nil and defended that narrow lead very well.
Pity next week is back to the cup , but we can only hope for onwards and upwards.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It really is incredible how much sky purr over Bielsa. I don't get it. Yeah, they score a few so fun for the neutrals, but they are shocking at the back and so easy to counter

2.5 years he’s been working in England now and still can’t speak the lingo. Genius my arse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here