Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season changing result? So many positives.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I did think that before the game, a bad defeat and I think even TB might have wavered. Absolutely massive result imo

In my head I've been thinking, despite the long contract, that if we lost today and against Fulham Bloom might pull the trigger.
Still not 100% sold on Potter but he seems to be learning, and I really enjoyed that.
Fulham will tough, but we can win that, and if we do suddenly things are looking very, very different.
Will be cheering Chelsea on (yuck).

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
MacAllister has arrived - two good performances. So many great performances today. My concern - Percy could t hold the ball up and gave it away so many times, he needs to get better at that.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We’ve not lost to any team from 12th place down. We are without a few key players, Lamptey, Lallana, Welbeck. Couple of good games now for Sanchez. Percy Tau added to squad. Another goal for Maupay. Good game from Mac Allister. If we win against Fulham it will be a massive result. UTA.

D

Deleted member 2719

The boys played as if they are P***ed off from the slating they have been taking from NSC.

We had some real leaders out their today.

White, in the first half, looked untouchable.

But I want to call out the defence, particularly stopping dirty Leeds from the high number of shots they usually have, they are top in the league for shots and we restricted them to just 7.

Amazing.

Come on Potter and the lads, we can do this.

Attachments

• BHA SHOTS2.PNG
    BHA SHOTS2.PNG
    48.7 KB · Views: 342

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Bielsa completely out thought (I suspect not for the last time this season)

But we wouldn’t have won had he not absolutely made Ben White the player he is today!! ......:albion2::bhasign::bowdown::whistle:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Well done to everyone, and more proof of what a good squad we've got.
Time to kick on now.

I must admit I found myself at times thinking we have some really good players!

Iovan The Sweeper

May 16, 2016
Excellent performance. Glad to see we picked up where we left off against Man City. Similar to Newport and Wolves (second half) we also showed plenty of character and commitment today. Whilst it's tempting to use the FA Cup game vs. Blackpool to make wholesale changes, it would be good to give Mac Allister and Tau a bit more game time to ensure we keep bubbling away nicely in time for the visit of Fulham

We really need to back it up with a win against Fulham. Leeds were woeful today but,that's because we made them look woeful. This win will give the lads a huge confidence. They have virtually been written off this season by many including myself at times recently but today, we showed passion and some confidence that has been missing. I still think the performance against city despite the loss was a big turning point.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's now a case of picking off those teams above us.

Other than points, the Goal Difference gives a fair reflection of where teams are.

We have a GD of -7 which compares favourably with Leeds (-4), Palace (-7), Wolves (-8) and Newcastle (-9).

Onwards and upwards. :)

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Just so delighted.

Huge call from the manager not to start Biss. I think every fan was concerned about that, but Gross linked up really well with MacAllister, and we seemed to neutralise Leeds’ style in that first half.

Second half was quite different though. Leeds really started to come at us, and our defence and Sanchez really had to dig in and show a lot of concentration and character.

3 points is huge. Clean sheet as well..

Oh Leeds fans. “Bielsa world class”.. “Why would Ben want to play for Harry Potters dad looolol”. Well maybe now you see how well we can play. Beautiful goal.

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
We only win away at former, occasional powerhouses who have their share of deluded fans. We are running out of fixtures :eek: Maybe Wolves will be our only other win?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I expect to see Leeds trying to break on us and flood forward, I was shocked at how uncomfortable they seemed with short passes in and around them. The first half was very encouraging as we seemed to nullify every attack they tried. We have had a long run without a win and have played like we are lacking confidence especially in the final third, if we can build on this and grab another win against Fulham it could prove to be the turning point of the season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here