Seagulls support Wrexham & Request for Help from Wrexham (Merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CarlDouglas

May 8, 2004
Wrexham
Wrexham Fans Need Your Help

Hello,

I am a Wrexham fan and I need your help.

Since your last trip to the Racecourse there have been some major developments. Mr Guterman has resigned as Chairman and he has been replaced by the man who has really owned the club all along, Alex Hamilton.

And guess what? Alex Hamilton also happens to own the freehold of our beloved Racecourse Ground.

We have managed to cut a swathe through their web of deceit and eventually Hamilton has admitted that he intends to relocate us to an out-of-town shoebox and build a B&Q on the current site. This will net him a cool £10m profit.

What we are doing today (Friday 16th July) is phoning up his architects and asking them if they have any details of the ground we will be moving to (they don't, it hasn't been designed and no site has even been chosen).

If you have a spare few minutes then please take the time to give them a ring on our behalf and ask for Danny Evans. The number is:

0161 833 0211

Many thanks,

Carl Douglas
Dismal Jimmy Fanzine

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Would there be any value in writing to your local planning department ? If so, post up the details and we can encourage people to write.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Is it worth NSC getting together to raise money for the Wrexham Supporters Trust?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
excuse my ignorance, what is the reason for everyone calling the architects, purely so they can feedback the amount of calls they have received to the club owner?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
maffew said:
excuse my ignorance, what is the reason for everyone calling the architects, purely so they can feedback the amount of calls they have received to the club owner?

The point is from where is see it, they have been told that the club is being moved to a new ground outside the town. The site is not chosen and the ground not designed. So yes they can fillter back but also it might help to make the tosser come clean and say that he as no intention of relocating the club.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
In addition to the above i wish all the Wrexham fans the best of luck. Anything we can do lets us know and i am sure we will all do what we can to help.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
maffew said:

Hey, we have asked other fans to do stuff for us, we are seasoned campaigners so our ideas may be more appropriate but these guys are new to it, they've asked us for a bit of help, so let's do it.

If we can give them any other ideas then that would be great, but let's not get all "excuse my ignorance" over their requests.

(BTW, the 2 speculative email addresses I tried were returned, so I've tried devans@lrw.co.uk)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Superphil said:
Hey, we have asked other fans to do stuff for us, we are seasoned campaigners so our ideas may be more appropriate but these guys are new to it, they've asked us for a bit of help, so let's do it.

If we can give them any other ideas then that would be great, but let's not get all "excuse my ignorance" over their requests.

I'm not getting all "excuse my ignorance" over their requests thanks . I asked a fair question as I didnt understand what they wanted to achieve by everyone calling the architect. WardyWonderland made it a bit clearer though. Email sent

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
E-mail sent to the architects... I wish local council's would deny planning permission to the bast@rds who seem to find their way onto our footiee club's boards once in a while... :angry: :censored:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Consider it Done

Still planning a Northern/Alba Seagulls trip with Banner to a Wrexham game either late in August or September.

The best dates for us when our team are at home or playing doon south - when a lot of us can't get to games - are:
Sat 28 Aug, Sat 11 Sept, Sat 18 Sept, Sat 25 Sept.

Let us known on which of these dates you guys are at home, then we'll check out how many of us can make it .... the more the better!!

Good Luck

Wrecsam am byth!

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Seagulls support Wrexham (Please make this a Sticky)

At the end of last season I floated the idea with Wrexham fans and on NSC that a load of Seagulls based in the North of England or Scotland should attend a couple of Wrexham matches during this season to show our support and solidarity for their cause and battle against Guterman and Hamilton – very similar to what happened to us under Bellotti and Archer.

The Wrexham fans and quite a few NSC Seagulls said they thought the plan was good and we would be welcome to stand at the Wrexham end wearing out Brighton stripes and holding up the Millennium Banner.

I have now checked out both our clubs fixtures and it looks like either Sat 11 Sept v Bradford or Sat 25 Sept v Sheff Wed would be a great opportunity for a first visit.

Could those who would like to take part please post here and we can begin making plans for what should be a remarkable day for both our clubs.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
What were people e-mailing yesterday?

Were you just asking for details of Wrexham's new ground?

This is what I emailed (not the most eloquent but I think the message is clear)

What provision has been made for the football club if the B & Q warehouse is built?

As a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion who lost our ground to a retail park I am very concerned about history repeating itself at the Racecourse ground.

We are still applying 7 years later via John Prescott to get a new ground.

Don't allow it to happen again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports