Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagulls Overseas

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Thanks. I have emailed a question:

The government recognizes the EU wide Covid Passport at the border. Given we can access the UK with this document why can’t we currently access the AMEX? And can the club give any assurances that overseas season ticket holders will still be able to visit the AMEX using a LFT when the new rules apply.

Regards.

Herr Tubthumper (on behalf of overseas season tickets holders)

I've emailed similar along the same lines, although I'm not an ST holder. Hopefully the subject will get picked up on.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
So do we know wether this issue was covered at the fans forum?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe the question was asked. I believe PB's response was basically along the lines of "we will comply with the requirements of the government/Premier League", or words to that effect.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I believe the question was asked. I believe PB's response was basically along the lines of "we will comply with the requirements of the government/Premier League", or words to that effect.

Mmmm well the Government accept Euro Covid Passports, the PL should then fall into line to ensure our European Union based fans get in ok.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Point of order, have any of you overseas fans stopped for a moment to consider your carbon footprint?
I would imagine Greta would have a meltdown if she found out..

You are so right. I will walk to the next one.
Will you?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The question was asked although the last few words were missed off so my specific question about LFTs became a general question about reassurance. Paul Barber said the government had set the rules on not using EU Covid pass which I found was confusing as he’d also earlier said nothing is currently mandated. I guess he meant the club has preempted the government? He said the club were looking at flexible ways to show vaccination and then said the club don’t sit in darkened rooms thinking of ways to stop fans from attending football.

I guess we wait, and hope. I was optimist but was reading a piece about the Scottish vaccine passport which requires double vaccination or a good medical reason why you are not jabbed…..I’d fall between the cracks of this.

What is really frustrating is that anyone coming from abroad will have had a negative test to get into the UK and if they have been in the UK for a while also a day 2 test. We might also be double vaccinated, if not we’d have been in quarantine and tested again on day 8. Even without a further LFT we will be some of the most tested and safest people in the stadium.

Last edited:

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Good thread. I suddenly feel a little less cut off from the Albion.

I must admit I’m confused about entering the UK. I have a trip planned in early October. Unfortunately I couldn’t time it to see a game (I have a ST) but even entry to the country worries me. I am traveling from a green country, double jabbed with Pfizer, have got an EU/EEA corona certificate and will be coming over with a negative test. I hope this should be enough to travel without going into quarantine. Is there anything more I can do apart from order a day 2 test?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
The question was asked although the last few words were missed off so my specific question about LFTs became a general question about reassurance. Paul Barber said the government had set the rules on not using EU Covid pass which I found was confusing as he’d also earlier said nothing is currently mandated. I guess he meant the club has preempted the government? He said the club were looking at flexible ways to show vaccination and then said the club don’t sit in darkened rooms thinking of ways to stop fans from attending football.

I guess we wait, and hope. I was optimist but was reading a piece about the Scottish vaccine passport which requires double vaccination or a good medical reason why you are not jabbed…..I’d fall between the cracks of this.

What is really frustrating is that anyone coming from abroad will have had a negative test to get into the UK and if they have been in the UK for a while also a day 2 test. We might also be double vaccinated, if not we’d have been in quarantine and tested again on day 8. Even without a further LFT we will be some of the most tested and safest people in the stadium.

I heard it as... until 30th Sept we will take neg LFT's. Then they are waiting to see what the Gov says after that, but they think LFT's will still be an option. As it stands, land, go to a chemist and get a test, take the test and you will get the result emailed or text to you in less than an hour. If it's neg you can go to the football if it's pos then you have to quarantine. The neg result you can show on your phone with your ID at the stadium.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’d be amazed if TLO isn’t at this forum, can you reach out to him to ensure this valid question gets asked?

Is he the bloke with the radio show ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good thread. I suddenly feel a little less cut off from the Albion.

I must admit I’m confused about entering the UK. I have a trip planned in early October. Unfortunately I couldn’t time it to see a game (I have a ST) but even entry to the country worries me. I am traveling from a green country, double jabbed with Pfizer, have got an EU/EEA corona certificate and will be coming over with a negative test. I hope this should be enough to travel without going into quarantine. Is there anything more I can do apart from order a day 2 test?

You will need to book the day 2 test in advance of travel and complete a passenger locator form ahead of travel (to complete the form you need the code from the Day 2 test). But you won’t need to quarantine….. unless of course the day 2 comes up positive!

Safe travels!

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
You will need to book the day 2 test in advance of travel and complete a passenger locator form ahead of travel (to complete the form you need the code from the Day 2 test). But you won’t need to quarantine….. unless of course the day 2 comes up positive!

Safe travels!

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I heard it as... until 30th Sept we will take neg LFT's. Then they are waiting to see what the Gov says after that, but they think LFT's will still be an option. As it stands, land, go to a chemist and get a test, take the test and you will get the result emailed or text to you in less than an hour. If it's neg you can go to the football if it's pos then you have to quarantine. The neg result you can show on your phone with your ID at the stadium.

If lateral flows are accepted, as q comprise that is fine.

However it seems stupid and stubborn not to accept the EU Covid Pass. At the end of the day it is the same vaccines as approved in the UK, just not administered by the NHS.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If lateral flows are accepted, as q comprise that is fine.

However it seems stupid and stubborn not to accept the EU Covid Pass. At the end of the day it is the same vaccines as approved in the UK, just not administered by the NHS.

Reckon in the end the devil will be in the detail of what hmgov decide. And it extends way beyond the EU. Pre-covid there was clearly the start of a BURGEONING EPL football tourism market at the Amex. B&H is chucking up blocks of student flats like there's no tomorrow, and clearly huge numbers of those will be targeted at students from far beyond the EU. And most of those will be differently jabbed. Same vaccines, different vaccine passports. PB will be keen to capture this market

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Reckon in the end the devil will be in the detail of what hmgov decide. And it extends way beyond the EU. Pre-covid there was clearly the start of a BURGEONING EPL football tourism market at the Amex. B&H is chucking up blocks of student flats like there's no tomorrow, and clearly huge numbers of those will be targeted at students from far beyond the EU. And most of those will be differently jabbed. Same vaccines, different vaccine passports. PB will be keen to capture this market

If we are relying on HM Junta then we are screwed. It will flip flop around and take a position to show some odd arrogance of British Exceptionalism.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Safe travels!

Another oddity with only accepting NHS passes is that I don't need to do a test or a passenger locator form to enter the UK, and indeed I only need to show vaccine or test status anywhere because the airline insists on it - I can go by boat* (or drive two hours to an airport *in the UK* and take a domestic flight) if I want to.

I'm going to a gig in Manchester tomorrow who are taking EU ECDC certs as well as NHS ones or LFTs.

*for the enviro-warrior up thread, I actually did go by land travel to a few games in the Withdean era. I'm not sure a kerosene powered catamaran and a petrol powered hothatch are really much better than taking a plane that's also carrying cargo and an electric train anyway.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
So the slight flaw with registering NHS Lateral Flow tests is the NHS website does not allow you to access it with a foreign IP address. So although I was roaming on a UK network it picks my phone up as being on a non UM carrier.

Only ways to register the thing was to get on the pub WiFi or somebody with a UK phone to register it.

Went through this yesterday and then was not asked for any test or vaccine information at the ground.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
I also have the EU's green pass (in English and German). I had this - and a lateral flow stick - at the ready for the Watford game. As it was, the stewards weren't interested in anything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here