Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls Over New York - Any Out There

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Morning / Afternoon All

Ive just relocated to NYC and was wondering if there are any other :albion2: fans out here who fancy meeting for a beer etc....

While NSC, Seagulls.co.uk and the beeb help fill some of the gap, you cant beat a drunken biased conversation debating the best players to don the stripes or the sheer hell that is the Withdean....

Hope all is well back in Blighty

KAM AKA Flynn

:wave:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm with Lush on this. Sounds cool. We'll drink with you in SPIRIT, like. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Morning / Afternoon All

Ive just relocated to NYC and was wondering if there are any other :albion2: fans out here who fancy meeting for a beer etc....

While NSC, Seagulls.co.uk and the beeb help fill some of the gap, you cant beat a drunken biased conversation debating the best players to don the stripes or the sheer hell that is the Withdean....

Hope all is well back in Blighty

KAM AKA Flynn

:wave:

In 5 separate words, what is living in NYC like?

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
the first 'global seagull' featured in The Seagull Love Review lives on the upper east side i think, i'm sure he'll make himself known.

remember, all non-uk orders of the fanzine via the website are sent at no extra charge compared to domestic post - so that's 50p whether you're in slough or seoul.

i love new york, wish i could move there, alas i'm not a puerto rican labourer.

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Living in NYC ?

Well at the moment is F**king cold but it does look great when the snow comes...

Bars are plentiful if a little pricey and the Taxi drivers are even worse than those in Brighton

There are quite a few expats over here and watching footy is remarkably easy as the Fox Soccer Channel shows the early game, a 3pm KO and the late game on a sat while ESPN covers the Champions league

2 bars I recommend are the Red Lion (no im not kidding) in NYU territory and the ESPN bar in Times Sq - its cheesy and expensive but you can sit in a Lazy Boy all day in front of a wall of Screens watching every sport imaginable...

Im hoping that I can find somewhere showing the JPT (assuming we get through) although im not holding my breath on that

Anyway - if your ever visiting and want some advice (tourist or otherwise) then drop me a message

KAM

:afro:

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Oh and if I can help with the REMF over here in any way then please let me know

:albion:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Living in NYC ?

Well at the moment is F**king cold but it does look great when the snow comes...

Bars are plentiful if a little pricey and the Taxi drivers are even worse than those in Brighton

There are quite a few expats over here and watching footy is remarkably easy as the Fox Soccer Channel shows the early game, a 3pm KO and the late game on a sat while ESPN covers the Champions league

2 bars I recommend are the Red Lion (no im not kidding) in NYU territory and the ESPN bar in Times Sq - its cheesy and expensive but you can sit in a Lazy Boy all day in front of a wall of Screens watching every sport imaginable...

Im hoping that I can find somewhere showing the JPT (assuming we get through) although im not holding my breath on that

Anyway - if your ever visiting and want some advice (tourist or otherwise) then drop me a message

KAM

:afro:
Go to the Stout Bar (it's a football pub just opposite Maddison square gardens). There's another really decent footy pub in Greenwich village but I can't remember the name of it. NYRB fans congregate in these two bars and they're in the conference finals next week so they will be RAMMED. :thumbsup:

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
I went to see the Red Bulls earlier this year (in the blue and white of course) - got a few funny looks - but then again I am ugly.....

They wernt bad - they had Claudio Reyna (Ex Man City) playing for them but it still looked like Mickey Mouse football

Will check those places out

FYI - when becks and the LA Circus came to town there were nearly 60,000 in attendance when average for the rest of the season was 10 - 15k

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
You should bear in mind that the only time I have ever been to NYC I drank too many Cosmopolitans and fell off the bar stool. :blush:

Sounds like a usual night for me..... Swapping Cosmos for Bud Light

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
One more thing.....

I went to MSG on Sat to see the Calzaghe Jones Jnr Fight - One of the best nights ever.... up there with Cheaterfield at home and the "Brown envelope" Incident

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I went to see the Red Bulls earlier this year (in the blue and white of course) - got a few funny looks - but then again I am ugly.....

They wernt bad - they had Claudio Reyna (Ex Man City) playing for them but it still looked like Mickey Mouse football

Will check those places out

FYI - when becks and the LA Circus came to town there were nearly 60,000 in attendance when average for the rest of the season was 10 - 15k
I'm actually a paid up member of the ESC. :) Juan Pablo Angel is the man scoring the goals, Reyna was always a bit shit for us.

Jose Altidore is a quality player who used to play in red and white but has moved to Spain. And you're right about Mickey Mouse - that's the problem with playing in the grid iron stadium, but when this EarthCam - Red Bull Arena beauty is finished it's going to be sold out every game. Nice and easy to get to from Manhatten on the train. :clap2:

Kick Ass Minton

Brooklynite
Oct 8, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
any idea when the new stadium is due to be complete ? might make Sunday afternoons more interesting...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here