Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Seagulls abroad in Europe

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
What part of Athens do you live in mate? My young family and I are toying with the idea of moving to Glyfada.
I live in the north, between the center and airport. Glyfada is a nice place but not that easy to get to the centre etc with public transport.

Not sure how easy it is to relocated post Brexit but, for me, its been an excellent move.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I live in the north, between the center and airport. Glyfada is a nice place but not that easy to get to the centre etc with public transport.

Not sure how easy it is to relocated post Brexit but, for me, its been an excellent move.

My whole family and myself have European passports so that shouldn't be an issue for us luckily. When you say North do you mean Chalandri area? We were also thinking of Kifissia as an option but thought we'd want to be closer to the sea as the little ones love it. Our two kids are 1 and 3 so we're still pretty reliant on the push chair and central Athens isn't built with push chairs in mind! We've stayed in Kolonaki and Pangrati a few times, and while I like both areas they're not particularly kid/push chair friendly!

Nicks

I live in Malta (Surpise)
No chance of a Maltese team getting anywhere.
I am going to watch Malta V England next month and if we are playing in Italy or Spain I will try and go
If our fans think Falmer is a bit remote with only one pub, they should go to Malta's national ground !!!
On a positive note it does sell beer in the ground and you can drink it watching the game, but it's non alcoholic 😱

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
My whole family and myself have European passports so that shouldn't be an issue for us luckily. When you say North do you mean Chalandri area? We were also thinking of Kifissia as an option but thought we'd want to be closer to the sea as the little ones love it. Our two kids are 1 and 3 so we're still pretty reliant on the push chair and central Athens isn't built with push chairs in mind! We've stayed in Kolonaki and Pangrati a few times, and while I like both areas they're not particularly kid/push chair friendly!
Yeah not far from Chalandri at all. I've not been to Kifissia (only as far as Maroussi) but I know a lot of international people choose there. For me I feel like I am part of the city here (whereas Glyfada I would say is a different vibe) but still only 20/25 mins from decent beaches. I have a 3 year old and am expecting another in August so feel free to PM me if you want any advice.

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Meanwhile in Vilnius... Zalgiris is in pretty much the same situation as Limmasol, and will enter the Champions league second qualifying round. I wouldn't trust anyone who said they fully understand the qualifying system, but it seems they'd have to win the first round, and then a loss in any of the following rounds would see them "demoted" to the Europa league qualifications.

It's a long and winding road to get there, but hey, they did it last year! (first time ever for a Lithuanian team)

Would be fantastic to have the Seagulls visit Vilnius. The stadium offers a whopping 5.000 seats – someone compared it to the Whitdean, which sounds about right. Maybe slightly larger, but small enough that every seat is a great seat :D

(I'm unsure how many souls Whitdean could hold when the "fold-out chairs" were in place?)

One thing is for sure, after the brilliant welcome I received in Brighton when I visited my first game this spring (the thumping of West Ham) by fellow NSC:ers, I'd make damn sure to make any travelling fans feel as welcome as possible, including guided bar-hopping tours and a place or two to crash on the couch for anyone interested.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
My Dad lives in Greece and I spend a fair bit of time over there with him. I'm hoping for Olympiacos Piraeus. I've been past the stadium dozens of times on the train and spent a lot of time in Pireaus (the port area of Athens) - would be incredible to see the Albion there. They're already in the hat but not sure the likelihood of drawing them as I'm not sure quite how the seedings and all the qualification rounds work.
Yes, I've been passed the stadium loads of time on the metro on the way from the Airport to Pireaus - stadium looks great - would love to see the Albion there!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Meanwhile in Vilnius... Zalgiris is in pretty much the same situation as Limmasol, and will enter the Champions league second qualifying round. I wouldn't trust anyone who said they fully understand the qualifying system, but it seems they'd have to win the first round, and then a loss in any of the following rounds would see them "demoted" to the Europa league qualifications.

It's a long and winding road to get there, but hey, they did it last year! (first time ever for a Lithuanian team)

Would be fantastic to have the Seagulls visit Vilnius. The stadium offers a whopping 5.000 seats – someone compared it to the Whitdean, which sounds about right. Maybe slightly larger, but small enough that every seat is a great seat :D

(I'm unsure how many souls Whitdean could hold when the "fold-out chairs" were in place?)

One thing is for sure, after the brilliant welcome I received in Brighton when I visited my first game this spring (the thumping of West Ham) by fellow NSC:ers, I'd make damn sure to make any travelling fans feel as welcome as possible, including guided bar-hopping tours and a place or two to crash on the couch for anyone interested.
Hi @Fiskmås - do I take it that you go and watch FK Zalgiris?

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
I am in Lausanne, Switzerland. For now Geneva and Berne are both possible (they go to the CL playoffs but can end up in the EL). Both an hour away but would prefer Berne!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Any teams near you that could play us?

I'll go first. I live in Cyprus, Limassol and Aris Limassol won the Cypriot League this year and qualify for the first qualifying round of the Champions League. It's very unlikely that they'll make it as far as the group stage meaning they'll be transferred to the Europa League (as long as they don't get knocked out first game). They might then make the group stage, and will be in a lower pot than us.

So the odds are slim, but I might get to see Brighton play in Limassol...
Sorry I have nothing to add, I just wanted to point out the wonder of a team having two slang terms for bum hidden in their name

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
I know a few relatives who live in Molde, Norway.
I think they are currently in the CL Q2, so have a good chance of Europa League football next season.
Would be good to see them again and enjoy some football in Scandinavia.

Last edited:

Jan 31, 2009
Despite the name, I left Tallinn in 2012 and have been living in Riga since then. One of the two Riga teams will probably end up in the Europa League although it’s doubtful they will qualify for the group stages. Riga FS ended up in the Conference
league group stages this season - friendly supporters and had a cracking atmosphere when Hearts came to town. Fingers crossed for Brighton to visit - should be relatively easy and safe to get tickets for the home end although the stadium capacity is only 7k.

papachris

Despite the name, I left Tallinn in 2012 and have been living in Riga since then. One of the two Riga teams will probably end up in the Europa League although it’s doubtful they will qualify for the group stages. Riga FS ended up in the Conference
league group stages this season - friendly supporters and had a cracking atmosphere when Hearts came to town. Fingers crossed for Brighton to visit - should be relatively easy and safe to get tickets for the home end although the stadium capacity is only 7k.
I'm not far from Tallinn so it's not too much of a stretch to go to Riga if the Albion are playing there

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You in cologne?
I’m in trier, so Leverkusen or Freiburg would be good.
Beautiful little place, especially at Christmas. Was gobsmacked with the history of the commissioning of the Cathedral!

Used to live in Traben Trarbach a few years ago and miss the beautiful Moselle

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I'm In Izmir Turkey... unfortunately we don't have any team anywhere near Europe but Fenerbahce and Besiktas likely to be in the Europa League so if we draw them I'll be there!!!

Fiskmås

Jan 2, 2020
Hi @Fiskmås - do I take it that you go and watch FK Zalgiris?
Afraid I haven't dragged myself to the ground that many times during the seven years I've lived here, it's mainly been when I've wanted to see the team they're playing :D There have been quite a few pre-season games against Swedish opposition that I've enjoyed (I'm a Swede myself), and I try to catch the national team playing once in a while.

I think I'd go much more often if it wouldn't make it hard to get to the pub in time for the Albion games!

cowburn86

Sep 30, 2011
Berlin
Looks like one of Lech Poznan or Pogon Szczecin will be in the qualifiers along with Sparta Prague. I'll be hoping they get through.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here