Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagull Travel

Jul 7, 2003
Talking from experience, the earlier you get to the coach park, the sooner you get out after the match........ffs , stop moaning !!
I think there is a sweet spot for arriving early but not too early. As I said earlier, our coach is often one of the first in and we get trapped in the corner of the coach park. Those arriving a little later are then parked at the front of the rows facing the road which are probably those you are on. We are usually one of the last to leave as every other coach has to leave before we can move.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think there is a sweet spot for arriving early but not too early. As I said earlier, our coach is often one of the first in and we get trapped in the corner of the coach park. Those arriving a little later are then parked at the front of the rows facing the road which are probably those you are on. We are usually one of the last to leave as every other coach has to leave before we can move.
Like you my coach arrives at the Coach Park very early on, one of the very first coaches to get there. As a consequence, almost without exception we are one of the very last to be waved out by the steward.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
2 years ago our bus arrived at ground about 2.20 Last year pickup time was earlier and arrived about2ish. Have just heard pickup time next season even earlier which means arriving 1.45ish. Far to early for us. Maybe a little cynical but is this an arrangement with club to get us to use the new outdoor facilities ?
More time in the club shop perhaps or a drink

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've supported ST for many years. When the costs went up by £50 because PB removed the travel subsidy for coaches it hurt. Next season the cost has gone to over £310 and I've hit my limit I'm afraid. Getting picked up from a bus stop at the same time as a free bus passes through hurts enough, now I'm getting picked up 110 minutes before KO and arriving 70 minutes before KO is crazy. Always first coach in means last out, again generally 40+ minutes after the whistle. I've had the opportunity to take friends last season and a single ticket is near on £20.
A very well organised company who have never let me down, but I'm counting my pennies.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've supported ST for many years. When the costs went up by £50 because PB removed the travel subsidy for coaches it hurt. Next season the cost has gone to over £310 and I've hit my limit I'm afraid. Getting picked up from a bus stop at the same time as a free bus passes through hurts enough, now I'm getting picked up 110 minutes before KO and arriving 70 minutes before KO is crazy. Always first coach in means last out, again generally 40+ minutes after the whistle. I've had the opportunity to take friends last season and a single ticket is near on £20.
A very well organised company who have never let me down, but I'm counting my pennies.
Yep that's fully understandable, these are hard times.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I have had the renewal for next year and I cannot understand what I am paying . Is anyone else having trouble . ?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I have had the renewal for next year and I cannot understand what I am paying . Is anyone else having trouble . ?
No, found it straight forward like last year

Go on the site select location and it will add the specific location to the base amount.

Mines gone up 14% but still I consider value for money and takes the hassle out of the situation.

I recall being parked at the back of the coach park against Athens and seeing those poor sods standing there in the pissing rain and not moving for the full 30 mins we were stationary before leaving.

The travel subsidiary if it was allowed to be redirected (to the official clubs partner) would pay for 3 of the 19 games. Did the club ever try and rationalise why it was removed?

Jul 7, 2003

Go on the site select location and it will add the specific location to the base amount.

Mines gone up 14% but still I consider value for money and takes the hassle out of the situation.

I recall being parked at the back of the coach park against Athens and seeing those poor sods standing there in the pissing rain and not moving for the full 30 mins we were stationary before leaving.

The travel subsidiary if it was allowed to be redirected (to the official clubs partner) would pay for 3 of the 19 games. Did the club ever try and rationalise why it was removed?
Maybe a question @Barry Izbak can raise via the FAB?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

I might be wrong but wasn't the argument put that the club do subsidise those traveling by coach by providing free parking close to the stadium.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Yes it was raised at a few fan forums soon after it was withdrawn from Seagulls Travel and each time PBOBE said something along the lines of why subsidise something not everyone will use? It wasn’t a particularly convincing argument as not everyone uses train, bus or P&R. He was adamant it was the right decision (#NeverWrong)

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Yes it was raised at a few fan forums soon after it was withdrawn from Seagulls Travel and each time PBOBE said something along the lines of why subsidise something not everyone will use? It wasn’t a particularly convincing argument as not everyone uses train, bus or P&R. He was adamant it was the right decision (#NeverWrong)
Thanks for confirming, not really a strong argument as I thought would be the case

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I thought the club argued that it was unfair to subsidise one coach company but not others

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I thought the club argued that it was unfair to subsidise one coach company but not others
The obvious response would be to open it up to all recognised coach companies on the basis verification has been purchased

It’s one of the most disappointing and easily fixable issues in my opinion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here