Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Seagull Travel

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
2 years ago our bus arrived at ground about 2.20 Last year pickup time was earlier and arrived about2ish. Have just heard pickup time next season even earlier which means arriving 1.45ish. Far to early for us. Maybe a little cynical but is this an arrangement with club to get us to use the new outdoor facilities ?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
I would have thought that most people want to arrive early enough for a pint or two, or pie or whatever.

Jul 7, 2003
It is a difficult balance for them as some people prefer to get there earlier - especially those who are not as mobile. They also have to try and ensure not all coaches arrive at once.

I use ST for late kick offs, if I have to get home quickly and where there are train issues. The coach I get from Ferring and Goring was retimed after a couple of issues (none of which were STs fault). It is usually one of the first to arrive which is okay but usually means it is also one of the last to leave as we are stuck in The corner of the coach park.

When Darren said that routes would start 15 minutes earlier I queried my route and he said mine was one of a handful that would not be retimed.

When you think of the logistics involved in coordinating so many providers, I think they provide a very good and sometimes unappreciated service. When there are problems I find they are very good at communicating to customers, something Southern Railways could do with learning.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Just checked ours and it’s only 5 mins earlier than last season

Have only been late (only 5 mins) once in two seasons

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Car culture?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Given the increasing/high cost of ST* – and questions around the P&R (literally – there was a survey, no?) – there will be more people getting dropped off at/near the ground, meaning more congestion and longer journey times. I'm not saying that's the only reason, but it may well be one of them. The OP could also be right with the 'extra revenue potential' argument, too.

*I'm not sure if it's actually gone up or that it feels like more because of the cost of living crisis. Certainly when I did a quick calculation for the Bobkin Jnrs and me, it worked out at more than £800. Not for me, Clive.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Will give them time to get a replacement bus if they break down. This has not happened once in 5 years. They did also mention that next year Fanzone will be available for early arrivals
Might not have happened to you but it has to others - they have no control over the state of the coaches used as they are not their coaches

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Ours is 10 mins earlier - fine by me if we arrive a bit earlier. One of the benefits is we can have a beer or 2 without having to worry about a designated driver - might be able to get an extra one in next season so happy days!

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
2 years ago our bus arrived at ground about 2.20 Last year pickup time was earlier and arrived about2ish. Have just heard pickup time next season even earlier which means arriving 1.45ish. Far to early for us. Maybe a little cynical but is this an arrangement with club to get us to use the new outdoor facilities ?
Talking from experience, the earlier you get to the coach park, the sooner you get out after the match........ffs , stop moaning !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here