Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scunthorpe United Vs Brighton and Hove Albion - Official Match Thread

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He's just said nothing confirmed just yet.

30/40 Albion fans there at 2pm on the dot! Brilliant! :laugh: That's commitment.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Albion: (4-5-1) Andersen; Whing, Heath, Elphick, Borrowdale; Davies, Bangura, Virgo, El-Abd, Cox; Forster. Subs: Owusu, Fraser, Jarrett, Carole, McLeod.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
haha,wer watching over them pal dont you worry!

2095286691_1d536b0ffd.jpg

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I also have that feeling we might win this one ......but decided not to wear my lucky(who the f**k am I kidding lucky they are not) seagulls stripes and my blue shorts(I wear shorts the whole year round when I am at home) and have got into a bit of a nonchalant mood.

so come on you seagulls lets be having you and start showing a little passion and win for us

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Albion: (4-5-1) Andersen; Whing, Heath, Elphick, Borrowdale; Davies, Bangura, Virgo, El-Abd, Cox; Forster. Subs: Owusu, Fraser, Jarrett, Carole, McLeod.

I take it White told Slade that Virgo's great in midfield then?:cry:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
team of big lads and hard nuts but very interesting

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Virgo and El-Abd midfield???

Davies right wing aint such a bad idea though.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Will it be like this then?

Andersen
Whing Elphick Heath Borrowdale
Virgo El-Abd
Davies Bangura Cox
Forster

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Jarrett and carole to blame for tuesday is it?

On the contrary, Livermore was to blame. But that's a bit harsh because Walsall got their tactics right, he's clearly our weak link at left back and they spotted that and picked on him, all 3 goals came from his side of the pitch. That can happen, it's football. But it's a major shame for us, a game we could have won went so wrong.

The team doesn't look great to me, but it looks like it should be solid and we know Davies will run his socks off, which we need on our right hand side. We could spring a result here gents, Swindon got a 3-3 draw there earlier in the season with Simon Cox scoring a hattrick, it's time for Forster to step up! :thumbsup:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Oh yeh, Livermore dropped completely.

Which is a bit harsh on him in a way, we had no choice other than to play him out of position. I'm quite pleased Jarrett isn't starting today, I think he's been ineffective for us. The ball for Cox's first against Yeovil is what he's capable of, but he's too slow to see it most of the time. I think the tactics could work out for us, I doubt it, but I have faith in Russell Slade and we know Virgo and El-Abd will give 100% commitment if very little skill and ability. We need something from Davies and Cox, plus a superhuman effort up front from Forster!

I have to be honest, I would have rather played Owusu alone up there, with Forster coming on later on in the game when the defenders are more tired, could work for us. But nevermind, we have the threat of Owusu to come on.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Solid spine to that team. Interesting, very interesting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here