Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Scunthorpe on the brink

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This video by a Scunthorpe fan is brilliant.

Absolutely superb. And the lines that got me right at the start.

‘Supporting your home team is a special thing. There’s no feeling quite like it. It’s not even a choice, it’s like a part of you. And because it’s a part of you, you feel everything that happens so much more.’

That is why I get so offended by plastics gloating right there.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Brings to mind Bobby Robson’s quote “What is a club in any case? - not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts , get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Good to see it all going well, my flatmate at University was a scunthorpe fan so used to attend a few away games with him, and do occasionally still (actually got thrown out of Barnet with Scunthorpe). Hopefully they can get back to the football league soon.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Brings to mind Bobby Robson’s quote “What is a club in any case? - not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts , get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.
It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”
It's a brilliant quote and worth a regular re-post. Was it something he wrote or something he said off the cuff? Impressive either way but I'd love to think he just came out with it.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
It's a brilliant quote and worth a regular re-post. Was it something he wrote or something he said off the cuff? Impressive either way but I'd love to think he just came out with it.
I don’t know for sure if it was off the cuff - but he always struck me as being a sincere and passionate man about football and its fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here