Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scruffy supporters

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
As the game was so boring I spent quite a bit of time today looking out for people whose cothes don't fit. Agree there were alot of trampish looking middle aged people at the ground.

Saw quite a few in the North wearing shirts, jeans and tracky bottoms about 2 sizes too big. Dreadful!
This is the main issue im getting at...Wearing jeans and a t-shirt is actually smart.It's the amount of people who dress in oversized clothes that actually look like they haven't been washed in years,haircuts also seem to be a thing of the past for many,scruffy greasy hair etc.
I'm perplexed as to why the 40's and 50's age bracket has resulted into such trampy people who it seems could easily smarten up without spending much.

Its like we're a 3rd world country when you see these types:nono:

Next time im goner shame them and take photo's:lolol:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After reading pretty "pink fairy's comment" i think its right that this issue is addressed:(
To all you mostly middle aged men that go to matches...Can you please have a shower the morning before a match,buy some decent clothes,buy some deodorant,get a hair cut.

Do people not care about their appearance these days?clothes are cheap and haircuts are cheap,why on earth do people look like they haven't washed in 10 years and their clothes are stuck to them?bloody get a grip a make some effort as its embarrassing to see.Many should know at that age that appearance was always important when growing up,so why the hell would you go out looking like a tramp?

Take a good look at yourselves in the mirror and do something about it:thumbsup:

Please note, the NSC poster former known as Sir Albion (and Berkshire Seagull) will forthwith be referred to as Gok (or Trinny and Susannah).

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Any man who goes out in public in grey tracksuit bottoms should be shot on sight!

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
One of our group of season ticket holders moved seats today as he needed two seats together. His seat went on general sale and the guy who purchased it was the type who clearly had a deep seated fear of showering and soap, in short he smelled like Paddy McCourt looks, not a pleasant afternoon for those of us around him.

Last edited:

I'd say you are spot on there. Initially I thought it was mid 20s, but a lot of folk are wearing Fedoras.

We played Swindon Town at home in October 1930 & January 1932, both 1-0 wins (Courtesy of statto.com) I'd say that's your uncle at one of those fixtures then.

Another couple of pics with my uncle one with his last visit to the goldstone.

Attachments

• scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    519.8 KB · Views: 475
  • scan0040.jpg
    scan0040.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 445

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I couldn't give a toss what other people wear, but please please, have a shower or a bath at least in the couple of days prior to a game. The rancid stench of stale B.O. from a few of our support in the WSU yesterday was eye watering. Nearly put me off my Harveys

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
After reading pretty "pink fairy's comment" i think its right that this issue is addressed:(
To all you mostly middle aged men that go to matches...Can you please have a shower the morning before a match,buy some decent clothes,buy some deodorant,get a hair cut.

Do people not care about their appearance these days?clothes are cheap and haircuts are cheap,why on earth do people look like they haven't washed in 10 years and their clothes are stuck to them?bloody get a grip a make some effort as its embarrassing to see.Many should know at that age that appearance was always important when growing up,so why the hell would you go out looking like a tramp?

Take a good look at yourselves in the mirror and do something about it:thumbsup:
You're the one that needs to look at yourself in the mirror[emoji30]

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Must confess I have never met anyone who smells at match.

Really couldn't care what anyone else wears and to be honest anyone who does needs to get something else to worry about in life or is a 14 year old girl.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The rancid stench of stale B.O. from a few of our support in the WSU yesterday was eye watering. Nearly put me off my Harveys
An inevitable side effect of the smoking ban, I'm afraid. Lots of people were desperate to breathe clean air, devoid of the smell of cigarettes - well, now they've got it, so they should bl**dy well enjoy it!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I am no looked, but by jumbo there were some mutant deviant types in the North today. A wretched bunch, but they're one's of us I suppose. Shudder.

You should have a look at the state of the home end at places like Barnsley.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Anyway...Whats pathetic about discussing how embarrassing some supporters look like?
I'm hoping those wretched stink bombs read this thread and do something about it.Am i worried about these types NO,just pointing out that in 2014 in the southeast of england you can afford to spend £100 on tidying yourself up...Have some dignity in your appearance and make a bloody effort.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Grown men getting their knickers in a twist about how other people dress.

Seems a touch pathetic to me but hey-ho.

this
and if the crowds start diminishing I doubt anyone will care what you are wearing

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
jesus h, i couldnt give a shit what people wear , some people probably cant afford suits and designer clothes :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here