Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone In Special

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
There is no witch hunt-unless you look at her attacks on DK which is a true witch hunt. People are asking her to tell us what 'the truth' is that she keeps banging on about, in between a non-stop character assassination of Dick Knight on every available message board where Albion fans go. Nobody has asked for a source of this 'truth' as far as I know. So far she has told us nothing but continues to attack Dick Knight at every opportunity.

Your indignation is mis-directed.
I'm not remotely interested in the source, but until we know what lies Dick is supposed to have told we will never be able to establish whether bhadeb knows the truth or merely holds an opinion.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Who do we put our backing behind Dick Knight or bhadeb. MMMM tough call. Get off Kinights case and get behind him and the manager and the team. Alan and Ed have told it how it is and I have no reason to think they would tell anything but the whole truth.

Excuse me....someone, anyone..... I'm reading this whole thread and subject matter without having 'lived through it'. I need someone to summarise, and/or let me know if what I understand is about right, or off the mark.

The chairman and those closest to him, had certain doubts and had formulated decisions about the management situation earlier this year. They did not express those misgivings or decisions to anyone.
A couple of people close to the club, NOW know that the decisions were formulated months ago, but didn't know at the time (because the chairman kept schtum).
Now that the (what is after all kind-of a normal track of events, if they are to be called 'planned events') things formerly-due-to-transpire have done so - a couple of people seize the opportunity to say that it's all so sinister and underhand.

Please someone let me know if that's about right, or not.
Thanks in anticipation.

So certain members of this messageboard knew that Wendy's job was under threat, but failed to post details on here. BAN THEM BOZZA!!!!

Precisely. As Harty said on the phone-in, I've been privy to stuff for some months. But I kept quiet. As did others who were in the know.

The ONLY reason for saying anything NOW is that it can't do any damage. And it might help counter the version of the story that is being proclaimed by the KNIGHT OUT faction.

I actually respect bhadeb's determination not to name her source. I just wish she (and others in her camp) could understand that sometimes these things are best kept quiet. Rushing off to the Argus or NSC helps no-one.

No what I saying is that its true that regardless of what other people might think the die was cast months ago.

My part time work is a privilege and one of those privileges is meeting and talking with people connected to the club that other fans might not neccesarily meet in those conditions. I will take the opportunity when I next meet Dick Knight to tell him, that however much I respect him and appreciate all he has done for the Albion, going to this said"Falmer for All" meeting back in February and spouting off to various 'high profile' supporters about what he thought about Dean Wilkins and ultimately what as going to happen was to my mind unacceptable.

It wasn't just Ed, two other 'names' told me what had been said, to the point that I phoned Ken Brown to express my disapointement with the situation because Dick's actions had they come out publicy then, which as I've said before I could have put out on the phone-in that night, would have made the managers job untenable back in February.
Just one thing, Ian ...

DK did NOT "spout off" at the Falmer For All meeting. The conversation took place in private AFTER the meeting. Those of us who were party to that conversation have been careful to say nothing publicly - until now.

When you and I spoke in February, we both understood that there was nothing for public consumption.

If you had "put it out on the phone-in that night", you know the damage that you would have done - and not just to to the manager's position.

As fans (and friends) we are not in the business of doing that sort of damage.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Best thing is not to sidle up and creep round Dick Knight and then nobody would have any information.

Best thing is not to sidle up and creep round Dick Knight and then nobody would have any information.
Indeed. Or the manager. Or any of the players.

When Micky gets us into the premiership and we have multi-million pound investors in control, I dare say that the Albion will evolve into a proper football club - where NO-ONE at the club speaks to any of the paying punters. We'd have become a proper business that has to do with "fan affinity and brand devotion".

We'd all happily pay £50 a game to consume the product. And, if we don't want to, it'll be on the telly every week anyway.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I realise that the very idea of the Chairman having a friendly relationship with a supporter is a difficult one to grapple with. But that these relationships exist is a fact. Such friendships do not occur as a result of SIDLING or CREEPING but from boring old stuff like sharing the same interests. Which I realise is no great help to conspiracy theorists. But that Dick Knight should have friendly, confidential, conversations makes him no different from anyone else. Er, that's it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I realise that the very idea of the Chairman having a friendly relationship with a supporter is a difficult one to grapple with. But that these relationships exist is a fact. Such friendships do not occur as a result of SIDLING or CREEPING but from boring old stuff like sharing the same interests. Which I realise is no great help to conspiracy theorists. But that Dick Knight should have friendly, confidential, conversations makes him no different from anyone else. Er, that's it.

Is bollocks. Chairmen should stick to their Ivory Towers, not talking to anyone, not having anything to do with fans, friends or the rest of the Human Race.

Sheesh, someone will tell you that he'll generously invite you to supper and - gasp! - have a normal conversation with you. What a wanker this chairman is - meddling in your affairs by asking how you are and stuff...

They should stick to showing off their vulgar painted wives, driving around in Jaguars, playing with their train-sets, and working on their next bonkers scheme to fleece the fans. FACT. I speak the truth, and I will not reveal my source on that. You can believe me or not. I don't care.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Precisely. As Harty said on the phone-in, I've been privy to stuff for some months. But I kept quiet. As did others who were in the know.

The ONLY reason for saying anything NOW is that it can't do any damage. And it might help counter the version of the story that is being proclaimed by the KNIGHT OUT faction.

I actually respect bhadeb's determination not to name her source. I just wish she (and others in her camp) could understand that sometimes these things are best kept quiet. Rushing off to the Argus or NSC helps no-one.

I think I owe you an apology.

I of course thought that this had been in the pipeline for some time, but did not know that it was so obviously 'out there', clearly Wilkins did not have an idea.

It does beg the question that some board members might of been a little uneasy at some of the teams late successes as we edged ever closer to the play offs.

That is madness and quite unacceptable, I have my thoughts but am not too sure why they felt Wilkins needed to do the annual culling of players when the decision had already been made.

Is it true that Reid is a close family friend of DK as I have been told ?

If so it once again shows a real nastiness on DK part as he unreasonably slurs another character and one that deserved better.

You can say that, having been SIDLING (is that a word?) and CREEPING around with that Lord Bracknell fellow.

Us NON-SIDLERS however, have to rely on the media for our exclusives.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex

Which is my point entirely Ed, what the hell is DK playing at telling, with respect, mere fans(As we all are) that back in Feb?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm feeling really left out now - I have to rely on friends who have friends who know the agents involved. All I had to do was ask the chairman when I was sidling up to him rather than pretend to like people I didn't.

But seriously - with all the club has been through and how much they have worked to support the supporters efforts (not the other way round) it is not unusual that comments will be made.

Lord B did well not to post - I tried to allude to Big Gully and bhadeb ,for the last 5 months, what I knew but didn't want to go very public and upset the applecart. In summary, you can only support the master than pays you. If you dont, then you put yourself in a very difficult position. Y2Dave on another thread (from an ex player) has posted pretty much what I have been told (and put earlier in this thread) and when you couple that with the clubs view then I find it inconceivable that DW didn't know what had happened and where he had gone wrong.

But he is a great coach and a great developer of talent. he should be allowed to do so. If not here (and I can see why that would be untenable) then somewhere else. I do hope though that he gets better counsel than he did here from some of his friends

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Which is my point entirely Ed, what the hell is DK playing at telling, with respect, mere fans(As we all are) that back in Feb?

sorry ian - and not wanting to make anybody sound like a demigod - there are far more significant things (that affect the long term future of the club) discussed between 'mere fans' and the board than the position of the manager. If as it seems it was a discussion between people who have worked closely together on a significant project, rather than a general harangueing which it was made to look like initially, then I dont see a problem. besides nobody tells me anything :down:

I wasn't there, but i was told similar and worse via an agent

I firmly believe that he had rescued his position up til the Paul Reid (and others) incidents this week.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
i think that the problem in January was Dean wanted to keep hammond and Dick never rated him - he wanted Dean Hammond out of the club - Dean had made him captain and dick didn't like it - unless the manager at this club does what dick wants then that is when the trouble starts

This is very credible, some time ago (last Autumn) Superwife and I were discussing things with DK, and he made it abundantly clear that he thought Hammond was asking for far too much money, to be the highest paid player, and until he proved he was worth it he would not get it. And in his opinion, it probably wouldn't happen.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
This is very credible, some time ago (last Autumn) Superwife and I were discussing things with DK, and he made it abundantly clear that he thought Hammond was asking for far too much money, to be the highest paid player, and until he proved he was worth it he would not get it. And in his opinion, it probably wouldn't happen.

exactly - it doesn't mean he didn't rate him - just not at the price that was asked.

I rate my house; wouldn't pay 500k for it though - but i would pay what I did

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here