Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SCR Phone In Special

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for that, it kinda ties up then that Reid may have a closer relationship with DK than maybe other players.

It follows that DK may of sanctioned his outburst.

I think that Wilkins was told in person, last Thursday evening.
NO! I've read this thread with (some) interest but I've found myself irrirtated by your suppositions. If I call my dog by name it comes to me. If I cut off all its legs it doesn't come to me any more, therefore it follows that it's gone deaf.

That's pretty much your logic and you've repeated it again and again over 1000 times! I don't mind you thinking that Knight is an interferring old megalomanic who's constant two-faced meddling is ruining the club; but the constant adding together of two and two and coming up with seven is getting a bit wearing.

... and it's 'may HAVE sanctioned'

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
NO! I've read this thread with (some) interest but I've found myself irrirtated by your suppositions. If I call my dog by name it comes to me. If I cut off all its legs it doesn't come to me any more, therefore it follows that it's gone deaf.

That's pretty much your logic and you've repeated it again and again over 1000 times! I don't mind you thinking that Knight is an interferring old megalomanic who's constant two-faced meddling is ruining the club; but the constant adding together of two and two and coming up with seven is getting a bit wearing.

... and it's 'may HAVE sanctioned'

You were more interested in giving your analogy to look clever, ( I did like it ) rather than make a point.

So you disagree, I dont care.

Ingorance is bliss !!

You will cheer whatever hasppens, anyway, Falmer is close now.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You were more interested in giving your analogy to look clever, ( I did like it ) rather than make a point.

So you disagree, I dont care.

Ingorance is bliss !!

You will cheer whatever hasppens, anyway, Falmer is close now.
Yeah, I did quite like it! And I don't 'cheer anyway', in a lot of respects I think the club is a shoddily-run, two-bob outfit - but I DO like the way DK apparently gets involved in player negotiations.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yeah, I did quite like it! And I don't 'cheer anyway', in a lot of respects I think the club is a shoddily-run, two-bob outfit - but I DO like the way DK apparently gets involved in player negotiations.

See I told you you liked it !!

But contract negotiations is the main part of 'shoddily Run' .... isnt it ?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
But contract negotiations is the main part of 'shoddily Run' .... isnt it ?[/QUOT

In our precarious financial situation who would you expect to be the main force in the contract negotiations.

This has been said before.

Surely the board designate the 'amount', then manager indentifies and uses that money on players that HE feels will enhance HIS team.

He might get lucky and not spend the total sum of that designated money, or he might indentify a player/s that he feels might be of such importance that he will go back to the board to see there might be any movement on the designated amount.

The relationship between manager and chairman is critical, no doubt.

But the money is rarely designated, because we havent got any.

I would suspect that funds are made available at different times and unplanned and down to individual backers, more likely Tony Bloom.

I dont think for one moment that Murrays £300,000 was ever budgeted for, but was quickly agreed to in someway to placate the Hammond, Savage and O'Callaghan debacle.

I accept that it gives us funds that we could not raise ordinarily, however if we have them we should appropriate them professionally, with a chance for the manager to secure player that he wishes.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
See I told you you liked it !!

But contract negotiations is the main part of 'shoddily Run' .... isnt it ?
In a word - No. But that's where you and almost everybody else on this board differs. Blimey, even BensGrandad (not DK's biggest fan by a long chalk) thinks he should be involved. But I see you're beginning to repeat your old arguments so I'll stop now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is this not similar to aperson going to dad and asking can I have or borrow £500 to go on the piss for the weekend and probably get told no or can I borrow £500 to buy a PC I need, when the answer would possibly be yes. Similarly if DK feels that the money the manager wants is going to be a waste he is going to say No. I cannot believe that he would say you have £4m to spend on wages as you wish, as the obvious scenario is DW could cut back on players wages and pay his daughter £100k per week to be his personal secretary or his son !00k per week to be a player, knowing full well that he will get the sack but have provided for his family for life.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Surely the board designate the 'amount', then manager indentifies and uses that money on players that HE feels will enhance HIS team.

I sincerely hope that this is not the case, nor ever will be. That would be madness.

EVERY potential purchase or sale should be approved, or otherwise, by the board.

Generally the manager will be a football man and a coach. He, with the assistance of other coaches and scouts, should say who he believes the club should buy or sell, but why would he want to be involved in transfer fees, signing on fees, wage and contract negotiations?

A few may be qualified to that, but not many.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
I would be good if somebody could record all the phone in's. And have a sticky or put them in their own area where we can listen to them all.
There must be some geek Albion fan who can do it, I would really appreciate it.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

I hardly call running a club and keeping it alive under the contraints placed before Knight and the board a symptom of shoddiness.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I would be good if somebody could record all the phone in's. And have a sticky or put them in their own area where we can listen to them all.
There must be some geek Albion fan who can do it, I would really appreciate it.

You do know how to motivate people to assist you don't you...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here