Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Scout / School groups at game yesterday..

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Presume they are not being asked back for the Palace game. Ha-ha. Brilliant thought, and great idea getting them to make a banner to bring with them.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
The camera kept zooming in on them during fan-zone and it looked like they were having a brilliant time already. Must admit i didnt pay much attention to them after that but i assume they enjoyed the goals and hopefully someone briefed them up to go bezerk and explained that they had to hold up 4 fingers on one hand and 1 finger on the other hand and show them in the direction of the away fans.

Banners were good too and it looked like it said Middle Street School on it.

I didnt see any scouts but to be honest they were probably all in the boys toilets getting fiddled with.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Those kids were still singing when their teachers lined them up on the platform for the train. Most of them had hats and scarves that looked fairly new so they'd probably gone into the superstore after the game, as it was a good hour after the whistle had gone.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Those kids were still singing when their teachers lined them up on the platform for the train. Most of them had hats and scarves that looked fairly new so they'd probably gone into the superstore after the game, as it was a good hour after the whistle had gone.

Absolutely brilliant! Our club's future right there!!

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Middle St school kids were in South East (with a banner!), Scouts/Cubs were in South stand from about 1.50pm - sooooo excited seeing Gully, etc. Other groups there as well. Well done Barber!

only condition is that they must bring a home made banner

middle street:facepalm: looks like the nightmare of the 70's is coming back:ohmy:

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Absolutely brilliant! Our club's future right there!!

The club have possibly just saved a lot of kids from a life of being a plastic manc fan as well. Now lets hope they keep nagging their parents to take them.

Dec 29, 2011
I didnt see any scouts but to be honest they were probably all in the boys toilets getting fiddled with.
:lolol:
Those kids were still singing when their teachers lined them up on the platform for the train.

Kids LOVE singing, it absolutely makes their experience. Kids that young usually find it hard to appreciate the football and need something else to take their interest. If the teachers let them join in with some chants I'm sure they'd want to come back for more.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kids LOVE singing, it absolutely makes their experience. Kids that young usually find it hard to appreciate the football and need something else to take their interest. If the teachers let them join in with some chants I'm sure they'd want to come back for more.

The teachers must have been fed up with 'Seagulls' by the time the little dears left, but it was good to hear.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Great idea to get groups of school kids going some of those kids probably would never have been taken to the Amex if their parents aren't into football , so a few kids that went Saturday have now got the bug for going again either dragging their parents along or will be wanting to go when they're old enough to go alone with some mates, the fans of the future

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
just brilliant and I'm still smiling at the thought of those poor teachers who had to keep them under control, taking headcounts, and goodness knows what else - even at the station and on the train.

Some kids, for many reasons may not get many chances to watch live football so well done Albion for giving them such a great time. There were times that the Family Stand at withers made more noise than any other area.

Home made banners are a must.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
There was a party from a school in Horsham in the East Stand Lower towards the away fans as one of their teachers sits next to me.

I understand the club provided the transport as well.

That was my school :thumbsup: The coach was fantastic, the quickest I've ever left the AMEX!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

I guess you think you're funny, but let me assure you that you are not. Moron, more like.

My nephew took his 2 sons in a group from 1st Hassocks beavers. First live game for all 3 of them. On Facebook he said there were about 60 in their party and they had a great time.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I guess you think you're funny, but let me assure you that you are not. Moron, more like.

My nephew took his 2 sons in a group from 1st Hassocks beavers. First live game for all 3 of them. On Facebook he said there were about 60 in their party and they had a great time.

were his kids among those in the high viz jackets that made a rush to the front row when they realised the seats were free? glad they enjoyed it. Did they learn any "new" words?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
were his kids among those in the high viz jackets that made a rush to the front row when they realised the seats were free? glad they enjoyed it. Did they learn any "new" words?

They've got hi viz jackets on in the pictures I've seen, but not spoken to him yet, so not sure about new words. Doubt they did, to be honest!

Agreed, I did think they were bit close. Hudds fan on Twitter commented it was nice to see. Surely SW corner be best as away from ruffians northstanders and abusive away fans?

Stick em in the North. I work with kids all week, don't want them cramping my style in the SW. Besides, it will be hate corner when the away fans are shifted across next to us next season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here