Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] School

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
I have very fond memories of my time at Elm Grove juniors in the early to mid 70's and Patcham Fawcett Annexe as well as Patcham Fawcett main school from the mid to late 70's.

What schools did you attend?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Strange thread.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
None of this will mean absolutely anything to anyone reading this, (apart from myself of course), but . . .

Wyatt Road Infants School,
Kingston Road Primary School,
Matthew Arnold Secondary Modern School.

All in Staines 1961 through to 1972..

School was ok, neither hated it nor particularly liked it. All a bit "meh" as they say nowadays.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
Didn't go to school in this area, but went to a lovely primary school, a sadistic, violent middle school where the teachers would smack kids around with zero provocation, and a senior school and 6th form that if the name is Googled has many stories of abuse by teachers (mostly priests), some prosecutions since, but mostly no real consequences except life long damage to the victims. Safe to say I don't look back on school with any fondness at all.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I have very fond memories of my time at Elm Grove juniors in the early to mid 70's and Patcham Fawcett Annexe as well as Patcham Fawcett main school from the mid to late 70's.

What schools did you attend?

Elm Grove Juniors mid 70's and the Patcham Fawcett , left 79, we muxt have been at the same school at least some of the time.Perhaps we even knew each other, like u fond memories of Elm Grove- Mrs Cole has always stuck in my mind!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It doesn't exist any more.

I haven't been near it since I left, and I don't intend getting any closer.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Didn't go to school in this area, but went to a lovely primary school, a sadistic, violent middle school where the teachers would smack kids around with zero provocation, and a senior school and 6th form that if the name is Googled has many stories of abuse by teachers (mostly priests), some prosecutions since, but mostly no real consequences except life long damage to the victims. Safe to say I don't look back on school with any fondness at all.

Hated school but wasn't like that at all. Patronising teachers that didn't give a shit was bad enough for me. School also not around here. Bunked off loads and generally didn't care. Left at Xmas right after I was 16 (possible in the 70s) and didn't go back so missed all my exams. 28 years later decided to go to college and did 3 years C&G Course which I liked as felt it was useful.

Started working at 12, paper rounds, small part time jobs and have carried on since. Been made redundant 2x but spent less than 2 weeks unemployed each time and worked continuously for the 42 years since I left school.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here