Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

School governor forced to resign for joining UKIP

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My wife and I were speaking about something similar, the other day.

My wifes a Deputy Head teacher and we were laughing at her proposed sympathy towards some of UKIPs policies.

Its worth noting that it would be nearly impossible for her to make her quite reasonable views public as the teachers are vehemently opposed to anything UKIP, to the point of seeing them as nazi's and racists.

The school isnt militant in any way, but I can see how this situation has arisen irrespective of it's process.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Besides which, you're completely wrong. For arguments sake, membership of UKIP might suggest that a governor be strongly opposed to the introduction of teaching basic Polish in schools. This would be an issue in an area with a lot of ethnic Poles, I'm sure you'd agree.

Firstly he switched from being an independent to UKIP Secondly, if a school has an influx of pupils of a particular nationality I'd rather resources were targeted at making making THEIR first language English rather than teaching other pupils Polish or whatever.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
FWIW, my experience of school governors is there are 2 types - the altruistic ones there because they want to help the school and probably this is their only public function and then there's the busybody who's usually on other committees or public roles, often involved in local politics and are almost invariably egotistical prigs with a very set agenda.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The school will comment on Monday....at the moment, this is a 'claim' from the govenor..
'I can think of several particular NSC bellends' who missed that.

The school will comment on Monday to give themselves time to concoct some believable statement. If due process had been followed they could comment now.

Maybe some bellend overlooked that !

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Yeah thatll be it...god forbid this is anything to do with the governor or his use of UKIP to 'claim' (a word used in the article) dismissal for political reasons. I believe the story is bollocks.

How many times was the word 'alleged' used in that article thats posted here as more or less 'fact'?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Firstly he switched from being an independent to UKIP Secondly, if a school has an influx of pupils of a particular nationality I'd rather resources were targeted at making making THEIR first language English rather than teaching other pupils Polish or whatever.
But it doesn't really matter what YOU'D rather, it's the opinion of the governor electorate that counts. That's the point.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The school will comment on Monday....at the moment, this is a 'claim' from the govenor..
'I can think of several particular NSC bellends' who missed that.

Yeah. You tell 'em Dave...all those people jumping to conclusions.

Yeah thatll be it...god forbid this is anything to do with the governor or his use of UKIP... I believe the story is bollocks.

D'oh!

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Yeah thatll be it...god forbid this is anything to do with the governor or his use of UKIP to 'claim' (a word used in the article) dismissal for political reasons. I believe the story is bollocks.

How many times was the word 'alleged' used in that article thats posted here as more or less 'fact'?

Oh come on - the Head can't just click her fingers and get rid of him. It would be the board of governors that got rid of him and they would have had to follow the process and document it. One might suggest that all they need to do is publish said documentation and the problem goes away but of course it might implicate the Head and governors - hence why they need time to make up their story.

Jan 30, 2008
You're normally a fair poster but one I normally disagree with , on this occasion you're using spurious technicalities to dodge the issue , he was forced, as in he felt unable to continue , something akin to constructive dismissal.
You'll always get one to put a defensive slant on it , probably in denial :whistle:
regards
DR

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Sorry to offend you (again) buzzer...but a story on here that has the word 'claims' and 'allegedly' through the whole of it, doesnt mean anything.

oh and doh.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
FWIW, my experience of school governors is there are 2 types - the altruistic ones there because they want to help the school and probably this is their only public function and then there's the busybody who's usually on other committees or public roles, often involved in local politics and are almost invariably egotistical prigs with a very set agenda.

Phew, I'm pretty sure I'm one of the altruistic ones! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
But it doesn't really matter what YOU'D rather, it's the opinion of the governor electorate that counts. That's the point.

You suggested I 'would agree' so in the context of your post what I'd rather does count.

Anyway, so he might disagree with a particular policy but that's no reason to get rid of a long serving governor.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Oh come on - the Head can't just click her fingers and get rid of him. It would be the board of governors that got rid of him and they would have had to follow the process and document it. One might suggest that all they need to do is publish said documentation and the problem goes away but of course it might implicate the Head and governors - hence why they need time to make up their story.

Youre right. The head cant click her fingers and get rid of him. Which is why the 'story' doesnt sit well.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

He resigned, did you not even read the article?

Jan 30, 2008

you don' t live here you din:dunce:
regards
DR

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Sorry to offend you (again) buzzer...but a story on here that has the word 'claims' and 'allegedly' through the whole of it, doesnt mean anything.

oh and doh.

But I'm not offended (why would you say that?) I'm just pointing out that in one post you caution people to hear all the evidence first before drawing any conclusions and then you go and piss all over that sage advice by drawing your own very predictable and preconceived conclusions of what happened. Oh and d'oh, indeed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here