Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Schmeichel Signs For Notts County

Aug 7, 2009
I've often wondered why these "Billionaires" dont buy Lower League clubs and "do them up", as, although I dont agree with it, it would be more of a challenge. It was only a matter of time before a League 2 (or lower) team was "done up"

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:lolol:

Why on earth has Schmeichel done that?! Thrown his career down the toilet there, fair play to the bloke, he's braver than I am. And, clearly, a bit thicker.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Oldest team in the league probably makes then that much more desirable than most lower league clubs. Good luck to them, Forest must be starting to worry about becoming the no2 team in Nottingham.

Sol Campbell next?

They seem to be paying f'ing silly money though

Last edited:

Aug 7, 2009

Why on earth has Schmeichel done that?! Thrown his career down the toilet there, fair play to the bloke, he's braver than I am. And, clearly, a bit thicker.

Thicker?:lolol:

Although I am a fan of LOYALTY in football, he's gone to a club where he's garunteed first team football, and he'll be on 70k + a week. You call that thick, eh? I'm sure he's not advertising he's Ebay Page on an internet forum.:glare:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

He could feasibly be back in the Premiership in 3 seasons though, I imagine they'll be passing us by sometime soon

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Oldest team in the league probably makes then that much more desirable than most lowe league clubs. Good luck to them, Forest must be starting to worry about becoming them no2 team in Nottingham.

Sol Campbell next?

They seem to be paying f'ing silly money though

Hard to get anywhere without any fans! :wrong:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Yer right, so the Forset fans will go to watch County? Hmm, I doubt that very much. Will you be supporting Eastbourne Borough if they end up higher than The Albion? No, nor me!

We are down to the hard core so probably not, but do you really think that a large percentage of the other 20k that used to watch us haven't found a "better" team to follow? We always had more floaters than hard core and yeah I do think some Forest fans would go and watch County if they had the players and were sweeping all before them while Forest stumbled around at he bottom of the Championship.

Fans are more fickle than ever these days, and yeah I do remember all the Blackburn shirts in Sussex when they were buying the Premier League.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Makes perfect sense. Is he going to get games for Man City? No. He has had to move on to build his career. Notts County makes perfect sense to me. He won't have to relocate very far, he is probably being paid very well and he will be working under very good coaches.

A bit thicker? Perhaps he was brilliant, but lazy and managed to scrape a few C's at GCSE. I would imagine that his father was able to pay for a decent education for him.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've often wondered why these "Billionaires" dont buy Lower League clubs and "do them up", as, although I dont agree with it, it would be more of a challenge. It was only a matter of time before a League 2 (or lower) team was "done up"
I doubt if he's on much money.

I think the reason why this doesn't happen, is I think that lower tier clubs, have a total wage limit linked to club turnover.

May be wrong, but I don't see County signing too many stars as there is only so much they can pay in wages

Aug 7, 2009

I think the reason why this doesn't happen, is I think that lower tier clubs, have a total wage limit linked to club turnover.

May be wrong, but I don't see County signing too many stars as there is only so much they can pay in wages

They said they'd match Sol Campbells wage at Pompey...(90k).

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Is that a rule or a league suggestion?

Well that pisses over my theory then:wozza::p

Not necessarily, they could pay him standard wages, but buy him his house and new car to make the move sweeter. This would not be reflected in the wage bill, therefore not going against league rules.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here