Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Schelotto

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I love him. I’m not sure he’s anywhere near good enough but his desire to attack the space as a right wing back is really positive. Montoya, for all his strengths, seems desperate to never leave any space at all behind him, even when he have 3 at the back behind him and there’s yards of open space in front.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Montoya, for all his strengths, seems desperate to never leave any space at all behind him, even when he have 3 at the back behind him and there’s yards of open space in front.

I felt yesterday was crying out for a Dunk diagonal to Montoya in the first half.

He was actually ready to receive it.

As for being mindful of his defensive responsibilities - exactly how I like my right back. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I felt yesterday was crying out for a Dunk diagonal to Montoya in the first half.

As for being mindful of his defensive responsibilities - exactly how I like my right back. [emoji2]

Not as fun though, is it? :albion2:

To be honest, I think as a runner you need to have more personality and demand the ball in those areas. He was too slow to move out into space, one or two occasions aside.

Although Schelloto did come on at a time when the game demanded he took a few more risks, and the switch to a 3 at the back allowed it too in comparison to Montoya who was restricted by having less cover and less forward runners ahead of him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I thought of you as the Greyhound came on and made a complete pig’s ear of his attempt to dribble his way out of trouble, losing the ball and giving Everton an attacking opportunity :lolol:

You are possibly going to have to watch through your fingers in a few games if Montoya doesn’t up his attacking game

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
GP had one last look at both Andone and Locadia before he let them go.

Just saying ???

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
If we go back to the five at the back we started the season with, he's perfect for that role on the right with March or Alzate on the left.

As an aside, I never realised he had had a terrible injury, just thought he'd been completely blacklisted out of the club

el punal

:lolol:

I was going to send a cleaning bill to [MENTION=27125]Wrong-Direction[/MENTION] for spillage on my wife's jean's, but as it rained so much, all the beer got washed away :wink:

If I got spillage on my wife’s jeans rest assured it would not be beer! Regardless, you would then find me in A&E with a broken nose and fat lip. :wink:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
A bit like a fan who's won a competition to play a part in a game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
If we go back to the five at the back we started the season with, he's perfect for that role on the right with March or Alzate on the left.

As an aside, I never realised he had had a terrible injury, just thought he'd been completely blacklisted out of the club

Bernardo makes sense as the left back in a 3-5-2/5-3-2, none of our full backs are particularly proficient in a standard back 4 as they are all too attack minded, only Bong perhaps as he’s so defensively rigid.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I'd say the same about Stephens but two years on We're doing ok.

Mr Potter yesterday said that Mr Stephens was one of the best, if not the best..... and he seems to know what he is doing

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I thought of you as the Greyhound came on and made a complete pig’s ear of his attempt to dribble his way out of trouble, losing the ball and giving Everton an attacking opportunity :lolol:

You are possibly going to have to watch through your fingers in a few games if Montoya doesn’t up his attacking game

I know, but I probably let out an almost audible FFS (when he was caught in possession)...... LOL

I was fearing (if you can do that in a positive away), your immediate NSC post when he put that good cross in that Pickford flapped at. If Murray had been there.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Everton played well closing us down all over the pitch and the long ball to their nippy forwards caused us big problems

That's precisely why I don't get All the "we played poorly" stuff. It was easier to look good against Spurs, who were awful.

See my Jean-Paul Sartre sign off. The opposition are not just cardboard buyouts for us to run rings around.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Some harsh comments on el Galgo. It was his first game back after serious injury.
That mistake at the start....he was maybe trying too hard to impress.
Think back to that Chelsea game.
I’ve never seen a full back dominate a game like that, before or since.
He’s an unusual player.
On his day, he’s a match winner.
Give him a chance.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

To be fair, it was a weird ball played to him (behind him), and then everyone wandered off - no-one went to help him or make space to be passed to.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I sodding love him. He’s the PL Peter Smith with the mad conquistador look of yore, he’s the one, you know who’s worth the entrance fee alone... at once catastrophic and diabolic yet (there’s a small chance) he could do something utterly stupendous, one of those players who makes the whole crowd hush with a communal intake of breath - he’s a pinball wizard playing football and you just never know ! He’s a half full manager’s player, never going to work with a pragmatic professor of percentage like Chris, but likely to be the court jester of a king who likes a laugh when signing another PL managers death warrant.

Oh Marco, to the gibbet you go for the sport of the carrion crows.

This.......whatever it means.

Love him. Cult figure, madder than Skalak.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here