Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Scariest Horror Movie?

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Jaws 1 and 2 were scary for a kid at the time. I was worried about going into the sea for a few years afterwards.

I’m still worried to this day. In fact, I was in Italy in August and happily swimming in the Adriatic, when I noticed a large yacht change course and head towards me - though a few hundred yards away. As I returned to doing the crawl I saw out of the corner of my eye a large fin in the water, followed by people on the beach shouting and pointing. I literally sh@t myself and raced back towards land. I happily passed a young couple who appeared not to have noticed anything untoward and of course being a coward didn’t let them know anything.

It turned out to be a dolphin. Phew.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't look now.jpg

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The Third Day is a good, chilling series. Jude Law in a Wicker Man type story. Based on the isle of Osea, which is a creepy enough place (google it's history). Six regular episodes that make sense on their own but if you're feeling brave and have time, slotted in after episode three is a 12, yes, 12 hour long episode filmed in real time covering the day of the Festival. It's insane and it's brilliant.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Amityville horror is something I have tried to watch twice and turn it off, the music just freaks me out. Laa la laa la, La la la la. I have just realised that this could be a chant for one of our new players.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I don’t think you can beat The Shining for film quality when it comes to horror. A masterpiece.

Also really enjoyed Event Horizon when it came out. One of the few horrors I’ve ever watched in the cinema. Was certainly a sensory assault.

I don’t really bother with them anymore although did enjoy Get Out, Bird Box, and Annihilation but wouldn’t really call any of them proper horror films.

Bazzza67

Feb 6, 2011
Brighton, UK
The 1981 slasher The Burning, gave me nightmares when I was an early teenager.

It was banned for many years, actually managed to get an uncut version on DVD about 5 years ago, but still not watched it yet...

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Had you ever looked into a mirror and said it three times, no me neither

We used to dare each other to do it. Enter the bathroom, stare in the mirror and turn the light off and utter the words.

Still gives me chills thinking about it.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Horror films don't normally bother me at all, and was surprised to see things like Alien and A Quiet Place mentioned here...hadn't considered them horror films to be honest. One that has been mentioned a few times that I found a very unpleasant watch was Midsommar. Saw it in the cinema and more recently thought I'd watch it again, but only made it half way through. Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for the repeat viewing...I switched off around the Logan's Run related bit. If you know both films, you'll know what I'm referring to...

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
The Shrine.

Religious leaders who kill innocent people if they believe they are possessed. It's set in Poland and given I picked up a sickness bug there through some dodgy zupa grzybowa (mushroom soup) it turns my stomach whenever it's mentioned or watched. Actually the mere mention of the country makes me a feel bit queasy. :sick:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Shining still stands supreme for me - absolutely superb

I'm not sure if it counts as horror or not but Dead of Night, a British film from the 40s still gives me the chills. There are five stories in one film and not all work but the Michael Redgrave one is as creepy as hell

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Christopher Lee as Dracula was my childhood nightmare nemesis , nothing comes close now , although if I had to pick a modern day film that was a bit close your eyes ffs it would be Outpost .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here