Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
However you decide to do it, make sure you're happy with it :wink:

nkie.jpg

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I wonder if people moaned back in the early '80s when the British Caledonian Adidas kit was launched ?

Shorts and socks were standard Adidas, no club badge.

I have an original Adidas British Caledonian shirt from 1981 hanging up less than a few feet away from me. It does have the club badge on. I bought it from a sports shop somewhere around Oxford Street. At the time it was a good fit. Not so much now........

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Hmm. Can't help but feel that the overall effect would be that of the Blue Peter Tracy Island and that your kids could TELL

blogger-image--1984062994.jpg

Did anyone ever make a Tracy Island which looked REMOTELY like the one on Blue Peter? Let's face it, most attempts would have just been a pile of papier mache with a couple of yoghurt pots stuck to the side.

I assume that those saving a tenner by making their own replica kits won't then be moaning when we can't afford to pay for a decent striker/midfielder/goalkeeper?

:lolol: I can't read this without thinking of that Fawlty Towers, Mrs Richards scene "it's ten pounds short!!!?" "Oh no! We'll have a whip round!" I can see the AITC charity box in the club shop being violently shaken to pay that poor goalkeeper's wages as we speak.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have an original Adidas British Caledonian shirt from 1981 hanging up less than a few feet away from me. It does have the club badge on. I bought it from a sports shop somewhere around Oxford Street. At the time it was a good fit. Not so much now........

I meant the shorts didn't have the club badge on

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think the home shirt is unique, made for us. Don't believe it's an off the peg number.

Only the away shirt and thrid strip are standard stuff.

Oh and the home shorts (plus badge) and socks.

It might be made for us this season, but last season they made it like this for Malaga
football_shirt_40479_1_500x373x1.jpg
View attachment 55922

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
They look different, surely different material or different stitching. The ones you linked look like standard cheap Nike shorts. Surely the Brighton ones are going to be of higher quality?

I really don't think so. The socks are exactly the same, and pretty sure the shorts are too.

This is really geeky but the shorts we have are actually the Nike Laser II woven royal blue. The slight break at the bottom of the leg and the Dri-Fit logo on right hip and back stretch panel are the indicators. http://www.discountfootballkits.com/Nike-Laser-II-Royal-Blue-Woven-Football-Short

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
They look different, surely different material or different stitching. The ones you linked look like standard cheap Nike shorts. Surely the Brighton ones are going to be of higher quality?

Spot the difference:

attachment.php

players.jpg

KLL has his arms by his side and in the other pic the guy on the lefts has his behind his back?

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Spot the difference:

attachment.php

players.jpg

They have a central white strip while ours is blue! Perhaps ours is blue and white stripes while theirs is white and blue stripes?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here