Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Could be pretty spectacular on Sky for the Liverpool game if "You'll Never Walk Alone" is played on the PA system with 2,500 Scousers singing with red scarves aloft and 20,000 Albion fans singing and holding up green cards. :wink:

No. No way. Absolutely 100% no f***ing way. No no no no no no no no. Thats one way to encourage the few plastic scousers that will have infiltrated.

As Edna says may as well play Glad All Over (and thats an infinitely better song)

Sussex by the sea check
Raise awareness of plymouth plight check
YNWA no NEVER leave it to the scousers

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Don't know about anyone else, but we're the home team here, I would be pretty pissed off to hear YNWA over the PA system. That idea can do one, frankly. You might as well play Glad All Over.

Totally agree.

I can't think of anything more cringeworthy than this suggestion. AWFUL.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Could be pretty spectacular on Sky for the Liverpool game if "You'll Never Walk Alone" is played on the PA system with 2,500 Scousers singing with red scarves aloft and 20,000 Albion fans singing and holding up green cards. :wink:
Tit.

I've got another GREAT idea. Why not sing Good old Sussex by the sea, but we could replace the word Sussex with PLYMOUTH.
And then anyone shown on the big screen should immediately start to CRY, in empathy with the Devon bumpkins.
And perhaps the caterers could sell PASTIES instead of pies for the bin dippers game, each with a little green Devon flag on a cocktail stick.

Or perhaps just a sponsored CRINGE. All proceeds to the Plymouth fighting fund.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Don't know about anyone else, but we're the home team here, I would be pretty pissed off to hear YNWA over the PA system. That idea can do one, frankly. You might as well play Glad All Over.

Agreed.

However, YNWA was either played and/or sung very regularly by the North Stand at the Goldstone in the 80s, complete with raised scarves Kop stylee?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Agreed.

However, YNWA was either played and/or sung very regularly by the North Stand at the Goldstone in the 80s, complete with raised scarves Kop stylee?

In games AGAINST Liverpool?

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Tit.

I've got another GREAT idea. Why not sing Good old Sussex by the sea, but we could replace the word Sussex with PLYMOUTH.
And then anyone shown on the big screen should immediately start to CRY, in empathy with the Devon bumpkins.
And perhaps the caterers could sell PASTIES instead of pies for the bin dippers game, each with a little green Devon flag on a cocktail stick.

Or perhaps just a sponsored CRINGE. All proceeds to the Plymouth fighting fund.

Oh 'ello Sailor!.

I take it you position on such things is entirely consistent and you were equally patronising and dismissive when the fans of other clubs came to YOUR assistance at The Goldstone?. Because it's weird, when I was there, I didn't hear any views like that, just gratitude.

As it happens of course you shouldn't play YNWA for the scousers, that's a no brainer. It just doesn't need to be served up with a side order of c0ckishness.

Fortunately I have the confidence and faith to know that the very best Seagulls soar above than that sort of selfish and patronising attitude, most have remembered where they came from (and I mean historically not geographically Surrey boy).

We get people like you on our messageboards too, "Devon Bumpkins" eh?, nice. :wanker:.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh 'ello Sailor!.

I take it you position on such things is entirely consistent and you were equally patronising and dismissive when the fans of other clubs came to YOUR assistance at The Goldstone?. Because it's weird, when I was there, I didn't hear any views like that, just gratitude.

As it happens of course you shouldn't play YNWA for the scousers, that's a no brainer. It just doesn't need to be served up with a side order of c0ckishness.

Fortunately I have the confidence and faith to know that the very best Seagulls soar above than that sort of selfish and patronising attitude, most have remembered where they came from (and I mean historically not geographically Surrey boy).

We get people like you on our messageboards too, "Devon Bumpkins" eh?, nice. :wanker:.
I mean your campaign no harm, X Isle, and am surprised at the offence you take to the term "Devon Bumpkins" quite honestly.

It is simply my opinion that Albion fans showing solidarity is a GOOD thing. A card display, a Go Green day - all good. And turning up at Plymouth for your fans reunited thing - yep, I'd do that if I had the time. I'm all for Albion fans helping kick start some sort of action, BUT it shouldn't look like we're taking over, especially with utterly cringeworthy ideas like this. This is your fight, mate, not ours, and that's the way it needs to be seen.

Incidentally, I hope it works out for you as I thought your fans at Withdean last season were among the best I've seen.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh 'ello Sailor!.

Calm down mate. We are ALL on your side. He was just PARODYING one ridiculous suggestion, that we all become plastic scousers for the night.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Not at all, no. My recollection is that it was sort of adopted as a generic football song by the North Stand back in the day.

True. It was shit then and it'll be shit now.

Leave it to the scousers

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The day we sing You'll Never Walk Alone at a Brighton v Liverpool match is the day we start providing vocal support for the opposition. It's a step too far and will turn some Albion fans against the campaign.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The day we sing You'll Never Walk Alone at a Brighton v Liverpool match is the day we start providing vocal support for the opposition. It's a step too far and will turn some Albion fans against the campaign.

Under normal circumstances, YNWA sung by LFC fans is great-for them. We no longer sing it as an Albion song-unlike in the early 70's and later so it has no Albion connections whatsoever any more. If people want it sung in support of Argyle-save it for the 24th at Home Park.

Despite having some Scouse sympathising tendencies there is absolutely no way that I want to hear YNWA sung by Albion fans at The Amex. The Liverpool fans will be doing that loud enough themselves-we don't want to join in. In fact, I hope SBTS drowns them out and we should be doing everything we can to ensure that we do.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh 'ello Sailor!.

To be fair, I think he was taking the piss out of the original poster, who seemed to think a big love-in with the Liverpool fans was in order. Which I personally can't stand the idea of, and by the looks of it, I'm not, er, walking alone in that.

So keep your hair on......................................oh :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
That's actually what I wanted to say, but I'm far too polite :lol:

No you're not.

If I was 'whoosed' on the 'tone' of your post Simster then I apologise. Thick skins are hard to find these days given what we're going through, when you've got a quick draw and an itchy trigger finger, mistakes can happen.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not at all, no. My recollection is that it was sort of adopted as a generic football song by the North Stand back in the day.

"You'll never walk alone" was sung by football fans around the country in the 1960's , 1970's and 1980's irrespective of who they supported. I think the lyrics are quite poignant in showing support for PAFC especially as it was an Argyle fan who suggested Fans United in our hour of need.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here