Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saudi consortium to take over Newcastle

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Putting the rights and wrongs aside, there is no doubt that if they inject and manage the money that could be available they will become a serious top six contender. We know what will happen, a few big names at the end of their careers with some top notch young talent and a hungry manager. Lose lots of money over a few years but finally getting it right.
There is no reason why they cannot follow the city model in five years.
It will be an interesting journey.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I will confess I am a bit jealous of what’s happening at Newcastle. I love having Tony Bloom as one of our own and don’t really think I want a dodgy Saudi consortium in control but I would love us to have that amount of money to play with even just for a few years. Until this afternoon they were our direct rivals and now some of the players and managers they are being linked with are just insane.

It would be nice to have just a few transfer windows of top signings coming in rather than scrabbling around all summer for a striker we can’t get . This also just made our chances of becoming a top ten club that much harder, we simply can’t compete financially with at least 8/9 clubs so difficult to see how we do it consistently.

Kim Jong Un will be next in the running to buy a struggling PL team.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd love it if they **** up the mid season transfer window - and get relegated.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So does Newcastle now do sponsorship deals with Al Qaeda as something also bankrolled by the Saudis

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Fans are cheering and waving Saudi flags.
Already aware that any dissent will be dealt with on the next Friday at Chop Chop Square.

Frightening scenes on a serious note.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Howay the lads
Should have seen them coming
Gun in hand and freedom banned
All the sane are running
No women, and drink’s a sin, with miserable faces.
Walking out St James’ Park, for ever, the disgraces.

The last line needs a bit of work.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Most amusing clip sent by my fellow expat and diehard Toon-supporting mate and Best Man (a judge in LA).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSzRc-UWwJU

:lol:

Be careful with that sword, you'll have someone's head off.

Oh....

So let's be clear, the Saudi Arabian government does not own Newcastle United. It is purely coincidental that the authoritarian, anti-democratic, women hating, murderous leader of that oppressive nation happens to be chairman of the company that an owns an 80% shareholding.

I'm sure we would all welcome a person who is happy to support the imprisonment of women who were raped, because they were deemed to have committed adultery, if it meant getting the Nunez signing over the line.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here