Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Saturday's Referee

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Sorry if you saw my comment as an insult that was not my intention.

No I did not think that it was your intention, to deliberately offend or post in "Bad Taste" hence the "thinking before you post" comment.

As for thinking too much. Jacob & Matt had an accident while travelling to a football match. Your suggestion (While I appreciate it may of been said in Jest) of the Ref. having an accident on the way to the match, really doesn't take much thought to see the similarities.

But equally - please do not try to equate the two. Because I wasn't and that is the important point here.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
To this day - I don't understand how such a useless idiot can be qualified to referee a football match? Who judges his performance?

I can honestly say that decision he gave was the worst I've seen in 40 years of watching live football.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
This is a real pity.

Not simply because he's actually going to be there, the useless, cheating, weasel-mongering shitpuffin, but because it's happening on such a day that it will be completely inappropriate to boo his arrival on to the pitch, as he so richly deserves.

I agree he is all of the above but to actually boo his arrival on the pitch really isn't a good idea. Nothing like getting the ref on your side!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
What did we think of his performance Saturday? I note he blew up for Hemed's overhead kick, he clearly deems them unlawful.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What did we think of his performance Saturday? I note he blew up for Hemed's overhead kick, he clearly deems them unlawful.

I've certainly seen plenty worse. Generally did OK, I think.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Apart from his high boot call, I didn't notice him much, which is generally the sign of a good refereeing performance. I seem to remember thinking Stephens' yellow was a bit harsh but could be wrong.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He was fairly inconsistent as was giving free kicks for any sort of contact until the last 10 minutes, when he gave nothing. Fairly poor overall performance but not as bad as the previous times we've had him.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually thought he was a pretty good ref really

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
As per my match report:

A footnote here for referee Simon Hooper – I’d feared the worst on hearing his appointment to this game given his predilection for making it all about him – but it wasn’t until reading the programme that evening that I even remembered that he’d been officiating – fair play to him

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The fact that I was watching the game and forgot about the ref suggests he probably did well. I don't know how close Hemed was to a Hull head, but it looked like an unnecessary free-kick to award. I don't know if Kaz's booking was harsh, but there wasn't a lot to complain about.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The fact that I was watching the game and forgot about the ref suggests he probably did well. I don't know how close Hemed was to a Hull head, but it looked like an unnecessary free-kick to award. I don't know if Kaz's booking was harsh, but there wasn't a lot to complain about.
Hemed nearly took the guys head off, definite free kick. I was probably 25yards away looking straight at it on a similar eye level. Strange thing was the defender seemed to hardly notice!

His cards were iffy but the rest of the time I hardly noticed him.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We've had the worst ref in the league (Keith Hill), followed by the second worst (Hoops) and tomorrow we have the one who lives on the IOW and needs to get back for the last ferry so don't expect much injury time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Hemed nearly took the guys head off, definite free kick. I was probably 25yards away looking straight at it on a similar eye level. Strange thing was the defender seemed to hardly notice!
Fair enough. It was probably then defender's lack of reaction that made me wonder.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He totally stuffed up a very promising 3-on-3 break we had in the 2nd half by blowing up for a useless free kick in our own half. Macked me right off that did, he only had to keep the whistle out of his gob for another second to see that we were away and bearing down on them. It wasn't even much of a foul, he didn't bother booking the perp.

Other than that I've seen worse I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here