Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saturday Euro Games

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Just thought I'd mention that the French F1 Grand Prix is on this weekend. I'd forgotten as Sky Sports is un-watched at the moment. Something to download and watch to fill the time between games at 7 tonight.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Portugal looked very average in the first game and the 3-0 win flattered them massively... a mediocre German team proving the point.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That half evidenced a slight annoyance that I have with the way the offside rule works. Gosens goal was ruled out as Gnabry was in an offside position when he attempted to play the ball, but missed it. Fair enough, he was interfering with play. Ronaldo was in an offside position when Jota was picked out by Silva. He and Jota both run at the German keeper and when Jota passes to Ronaldo, it goes backwards and he's not offside. It seems obvious that Ronaldo is interfering with play when the ball is played to Jota as the defender can't cover both of them. However, the offside rule doesn't take this into account.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Imagine the score if Pascal was playing :ohmy:

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Why did Germany take off number 20?
He was my man of the match and key part of the success so far.
If they took him off to save him for later in the tournament then that may be a mistake.
Portugal are back in it now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Game of the tournament so far. Hopefully this will inspire other teams to be bolder.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Entertaining but Mickey Mouse end to end football. Gareth 'control/safety first' Southgate must be licking his lips at facing either of these in the knockout round [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The cross for the 4th goal was perfection.

The player knew exactly what he was doing, way above the keeper, then laid on a sixpence for the scorer. Art meets science.

Something England and Albion players fail to do ….how many times straight into the goalies hands.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Game of the tournament so far. Hopefully this will inspire other teams to be bolder.

I'm disappointed personally.

Only 1 card in the game so far. 19 more in the last 15 mins seems unlikely.

Booooooo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here