Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Saturday Euro Games

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Ok. My timing is crap. I'll take it on the chin.

If anyone was wondering what I meant, my son goes onto my laptop (I watch the footie on it), rewinds the game a bit, and thinks it's funny. So any comments I make, may be referring to play that took place several minutes ago. I'll get him back, don't worry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Moder and his Poland teammates look knackered.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Gor blimey!

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-06-19T20-38-26.729Z.png

Edit:

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-06-19T20-42-28.391Z.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surprised Sanchez isn't playing - this lot in front of him must be like a busman's holiday.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Great match, the players from both sides have given everything.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Surprised Spain yet again don't bring Traore on. Seems like the perfect player to unlock a game like this.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Oh for me it’s still Hitler sorry.

Too obvious. Although Klinsmann is top of the list, that blond bloke in 'Where Eagles Dare' who used his SS uniform to try and get into the waitress's knickers, pissed me off as well. Far too German if you ask me.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Your post got me thinking about the phrase world class. I initially nodded my head in agreement about your assertion that Kane and Sterling are perhaps our only world class players. But what do we actually mean by "world class"? My instant definition was a player that would be signed by a Barca or a Bayern. However, the PL is universally recognised as the best league in the world. You need only hear the pundits during today's Germany game to learn that Havertz really struggled with the pace of the PL at first, stating that he found his first game against little ol' Brighton extremely difficult, whereas playing a team of comparable stature in the Bundesliga would have been a game he could have played in second or third gear. Does the fact that Trippier was signed by current La Liga champs Atletico make him world class? I'd say no.

Do we mean Champions League finalists? Well in that case, half our team are made up of them.

Like I say, I instinctively agree with your assertion. I don't see Italy and Germany as world class, but certainly France and Belgium. But the only thing that separates the likes of Pogba and Griezmann than our players is that they've won on the international stage. Hopefully ours can do that one day!

There are some world class English players in the PL when they play for their club sides with pace, guile, imagination and courage.

But when Southgate gets hold of them all that flair is suppressed in favour of dour, timid, safety-first snooze-ball that creates a team significantly less that the sum of its parts.

That’s quite some achievement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here