Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Satisfied with our business?

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
I just can't get my head around the club going with just 3 strikers.

Unbelievable

This, most have been saying since the end of last season we needed at least two strikers. An injury and a suspension (and our disciplinary record is far from great at the moment) and we are down to one striker, which could be Baldock. I would rather have seen us cashed in on Stephens to get someone in. I just don't see us having the goals to challenge this season now sadly.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would have loved a Baldock upgrade, but Murphy, skalak, and, at a push, knockaert and Solly may have to do as backup to Baldock. I've watched the Albion for a long long time and it may have to suffice !!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
"Retaining our best/Key players alone should be considered very positive."

Are you kidding. I thought our goal was promotion. last time I looked. keeping our players shouldn't even be the issue!.

Norwich, newcastle, and a few others have brought in real quality. Are we trying to get out of this league!

Two words.... Parachute Payments.

We have a good enough squad for promotion. Believe.

There has been £200m spent in the EFL and £120m has gone to three clubs relegated out of Premier League last season; Newcastle, Aston Villa and Norwich - who all get a parachute payment this time round.

Aston Villa £59.1m

Newcastle £57m

Norwich £10.5m

Baaaald

3rd time lucky
Aug 7, 2011
Haywards Heath
No. All this the squad is stronger than last year business is all very well but the rest of the division has moved on. Reckon we will scrap into the play offs... I don't need to say what will happen then!

Funnell

Jan 10, 2012
More than satisfied with our business, we have improved a squad which missed out on automatic promotion only on goal difference last year. We've retained all key players, added depth with Sidwell, Norwood & Spocognoli, upgraded Greer by signing Duffy & have a 20+ goal a season striker in Murray. Can't believe how upset some people are getting.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
More than satisfied with our business, we have improved a squad which missed out on automatic promotion only on goal difference last year. We've retained all key players, added depth with Sidwell, Norwood & Spocognoli, upgraded Greer by signing Duffy & have a 20+ goal a season striker in Murray. Can't believe how upset some people are getting.

Logic and common sense, sprinkled with positivity ? Prepare yourself for a flaming you maniac.........[emoji106]

luge

Dec 18, 2010
Overall I'm happy. A new striker would have been great, but it's about who you get rather than numbers.

Imagine if we went 4-2-3-1 with knockaert March and murphy/skalak in the three. Not a bad shout IMHO.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Can you not? Despite the club outlining that a forward was a priority we haven't got one, that's probably why people are getting a bit humpy. Every single one of us knows the squad is better than last season in defence and midfield, but we still lack bite, and all the while six or seven of our rivals have gone berserk and spent unrealistic money and have got a lot stronger.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Can you not? Despite the club outlining that a forward was a priority we haven't got one, that's probably why people are getting a bit humpy. Every single one of us knows the squad is better than last season in defence and midfield, but we still lack bite, and all the while six or seven of our rivals have gone berserk and spent unrealistic money and have got a lot stronger.

Yes the business so far has answered part of last seasons problem and we should now be tighter, concede less and keep better posession...but we can't be described as ruthless on the pitch without that consistent striker. It's a risk not having landed that...yet.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Yes the business so far has answered part of last seasons problem and we should now be tighter, concede less and keep better posession...but we can't be described as ruthless on the pitch without that consistent striker. It's a risk not having landed that...yet.

Transfer deadline day has been a non event for us for years. And much as I hope that this year will be different, experience says "no".

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Well obviously that's the way we should have gone - are you really a jcl or just stupid

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wonder at times, am I getting grumpier or are people getting more stupid. (No answers needed thanks )

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't see how anyone can be satisfied when the club is a striker down compared to last season and now has to deal with the fallout of Dale Stephens handing in a transfer request.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Lua Lua has just tweeted Disappointed #Lifegoeson. So it would appear he isn't particularly satisfied with our business.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Very happy best players are still here, fought off big bids and stood our ground, improved defence, midfield and Murray will score more then Bobby Z and Wilson combined in my mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here