Satisfied with our business?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lua Lua has just tweeted Disappointed #Lifegoeson. So it would appear he isn't particularly satisfied with our business.

Actually I would suggest he wanted a move away

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The more i think about it the more disappointed i am. We are so close to having the perfect squad to challenge again. Sadly we fall well short up top. Hughton has said all along and so to us fans that we need another forward. It's blindly obvious injuries did it for us last year.

Yes. injuries to our defenders.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lua Lua has just tweeted Disappointed #Lifegoeson. So it would appear he isn't particularly satisfied with our business.

Of course he isn't. He will have wanted to be loaned out to somewhere where he wouldn't be the 5th. choice winger.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
So, we kept our best players(which I didn't think we would), Shored up the defence (Pocogonoli) and stoked up the midfield engine (Norwood). So who is going to be more effective in the number 10 position when Baldock is warming the bench?
It has to be a job for one of our wingers. I'm thinking that Solly could do a job there or maybe him and Knockeart alternating to keep the opponents defence guessing? Any other ideas guys? Perhaps Manu will come good with a bit more game time?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very good window.

We've got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert.

And Dunk, and Stephens, and Kayal.

And strengthened the defence.

Next challenge, if possible, new contracts for Stephens, Kayal and Stockdale.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
definatly think a lack of striker options will cost us an automatic spot. everyone goes on about the quality, its the quantity i find worrying because even with Manu counted we have four forwards and we should have five. some suggestions of Knockaert or March filling are hopeful, they will chip in the goals but not the positional awareness. that said, the rest of the squad looks about right, so hopefully we'll be solid of the playoffs, and if we can attain the consistancy over the season that we did last year (bar draedful December), and others dont, we might, might just make it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nakhi Wells agent is f*cking sh1t, he must be looking at Kodjia, Martin, McCormack etc and thinking "what if?"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Very good window.

We've got Knockaert, Anthony Knockaert.

And Dunk, and Stephens, and Kayal.

And strengthened the defence.

Next challenge, if possible, new contracts for Stephens, Kayal and Stockdale.
Knockaret and Anthony are the same person..[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It's not perfect - a no.10 would have been ideal - but probably as good as could have been hoped. Remember we in effect 'signed' Dunk, Knockaert, and Stephens, and probably others too, by keeping them. This is a zero sum game: for every club that adds to iits existing resource there must by definition be ones that lose. Undoubtedly the loss of emergency loan system meant many clubs refused to let players go, as Barber intimates. It was an entirely different window from previous years because of this. Hence the concentration on Dev squad improvement.

Acid tests for me will be a) whether DS gets going again. I can't be bothered with all the negative s**t about him, just what he does wearing the stripes; b) whether someone (just one!) can come through from Dev squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports