Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SASTA - what an absolute shower

Mr Bronson

Feb 24, 2009
In January I was a total if 3 hours and 47 minutes late. Haywards Heath to Farringdon each day. I'm only entitled to make one delay repay so I'll get somewhere around £4.50 back. My train home was on time once and that was tonight. All of this and the weather has not been bad. I dread to think what will happen if the weather gets bad.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was all going so well this morning......however now stationary between East Croydon and London Bridge due to a 'track defect' and they 'can't get hold of the driver of the train ahead'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cycled the 10 minutes to work today. It's quite a mild and pleasant morning.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It was all going so well this morning......however now stationary between East Croydon and London Bridge due to a 'track defect' and they 'can't get hold of the driver of the train ahead'.

Very similar excuses still being given over an hour later... 25 minute delay :(

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You don't think that Southern are aware of false claims ?

You don't think Sniper are aware of that? I know people who regularly make upwards of 100 notes a month on this. Nobody is forcing you to use it. It works. Use it or don't. I love people who have a problem for every solution.

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
Word of warning - if you put in a delay repay for a cancelled claim, and accidentally also click on there being a delay of 30-59 mins, you get the 30-59 mins delay payment not the cancellation payment.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
Can I please hijack this thread for a moment?

A colleague at work wanted me to buy them a railcard for tomorrow traveling to and from Worthing. I just purchase it from Chichester station and the ticket says 'chichester' on the 'between' bit. The bloke behind the counter knew it was from Worthing.

Is it still ok for travel between worthing and london despite saying chichester?

cheers

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
People claiming for trains that they weren't on

Helps remind me which cancellation or delay I should claim for WHICH I AM ON OR SUBJECTED TO as there ARE SO ****ING MANY.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

A colleague at work wanted me to buy them a railcard for tomorrow traveling to and from Worthing. I just purchase it from Chichester station and the ticket says 'chichester' on the 'between' bit. The bloke behind the counter knew it was from Worthing.

Is it still ok for travel between worthing and london despite saying chichester?

cheers

oh dear gods what have you done....

the short version is, it depends what type of ticket. the long version im sure is in the NSC binfest archives.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester

cheers

Your message is a little garbled due to initially saying railcard rather than ticket, then the first paragraph doesn't mention London at all, then your last one asks if it is valid to London.

However, if I've understood you correctly you had intended to buy a ticket for a colleague to travel tomorrow from Worthing to London and return. You went to Chichester station to do this and bought from the counter (not a machine) and got issued a Chichester to London return, despite asking for a ticket from Worthing? You only discovered this after returning from the station?

That should be fine to use from Worthing, as Worthing/Hove/Brighton is a permitted route between Chichester and London and none of the regular ticket types have restriction on break of journey. The only normal routing restriction from Chi is "Southern Trains Only", which is fine as long as they don't change onto Thameslink or Gatwick Express mid-journey (even though it's now the same franchise the Southern only restriction is a can of worms).

The prices also appear to be the same, so there is no advantage in going back to Chi station to ask for it to be changed. The ticket probably won't operate the automatic barriers at Worthing so ask your colleague to use the manual gate or the north entrance from the car park which doesn't have a barrier and the staff (if any) should let them through.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Your message is a little garbled due to initially saying railcard rather than ticket, then the first paragraph doesn't mention London at all, then your last one asks if it is valid to London.

However, if I've understood you correctly you had intended to buy a ticket for a colleague to travel tomorrow from Worthing to London and return. You went to Chichester station to do this and bought from the counter (not a machine) and got issued a Chichester to London return, despite asking for a ticket from Worthing? You only discovered this after returning from the station?

That should be fine to use from Worthing, as Worthing/Hove/Brighton is a permitted route between Chichester and London and none of the regular ticket types have restriction on break of journey. The only normal routing restriction from Chi is "Southern Trains Only", which is fine as long as they don't change onto Thameslink or Gatwick Express mid-journey (even though it's now the same franchise the Southern only restriction is a can of worms).

The prices also appear to be the same, so there is no advantage in going back to Chi station to ask for it to be changed. The ticket probably won't operate the automatic barriers at Worthing so ask your colleague to use the manual gate or the north entrance from the car park which doesn't have a barrier and the staff (if any) should let them through.

I guess railcard = travel card which would still be ok with what you said, as , many buy their seasons from down the line to get the extra travel with it being the same price as Worthing etc

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton

Yes! Despite my garbled question - NSC sorts it out and delivers the goods once again

Cheers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here