Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

SASTA - what an absolute shower

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The German rail unions contrary to POPULAR belief are FAR more militant than RMT & ASLEF, there have been many ongoing strikes in Deutschland recently and they lose far more days to strikes than we do. In fact if the German unions were here then the right wingers would really be able to SPIT their Costa Frappe's out in ANGER

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The German rail unions contrary to POPULAR belief are FAR more militant than RMT & ASLEF, there have been many ongoing strikes in Deutschland recently and they lose far more days to strikes than we do. In fact if the German unions were here then the right wingers would really be able to SPIT their Costa Frappe's out in ANGER

I would not suggest for one moment, and have not done so, that German unions do not strike and you are quite right in that there is a long-running dispute at present. But it is not the norm, which is clear from the later example you give. Once they latch on to something, the Germans tend to be less willing to compromise, though invariably have to, but the fact of the matter is that they also show more pride in their work.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I would not suggest for one moment, and have not done so, that German unions do not strike and you are quite right in that there is a long-running dispute at present. But it is not the norm, which is clear from the later example you give. Once they latch on to something, the Germans tend to be less willing to compromise, though invariably have to, but the fact of the matter is that they also show more pride in their work.

The problem with British railways is not the staff but the incompetent system that it is forced to work under, strikes by staff are a last resort here, incompetence by managers is an hourly occurrence

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
you are spot on with this , [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] will back me up on this, I am normally a staunch defender of the working man over here , but i think we are still hampered by the class system and any ''pride'' taken in work or good service given to customers is seen as sucking up to the bosses , and on the other hand , management treat workers like shit half the time and see themselves as a class apart, it pains me to say it , but on this topic we could learn from the krauts ( had to get that one in !)

Agree with all of this.

And that was Scweinstiger's recent ex. The fool is now dating this girl. Why?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 316

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
who is that ? (still would btw)

Ana Ivanovic, a tennis player.

A blond German model, in man-made fibres, carrying two pints always wins with me.

(I'm felling very blokey talking about "birds" with AlfredMizen)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ana Ivanovic, a tennis player.

A blond German model, in man-made fibres, carrying two pints always wins with me.

(I'm felling very blokey talking about "birds" with AlfredMizen)
For a bit more authenticity you need to start calling them ''sorts'' :thumbsup:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Perhaps Schweinsteiger moved on to the Brunette cause he wanted a sort who actually had some tits. :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Perhaps Schweinsteiger moved on to the Brunette cause he wanted a sort who actually had some tits. :shrug:

All things considered, and I've considered everything, I still think he's made a huge mistake.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This. It's not often a tennis player is quoted in such conversations either, highlighting the total lack of "norks" on the aforementioned beer carrying "sort".

Mr Bronson

Feb 24, 2009
This week I'm 8 out of 10 journeys being delayed for a combined 60 minutes. Even my morning train from Haywards Heath to Farringdon, which is normally pretty reliable, has been bad this week. Anyway I've just tweeted them asking whether I can make a delay replay claim. I know what the answer will be but I fancy an argument.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Well, after this morning's ****wittery by SASTA, the journey home was delayed by about 30 mins due to a full evacuation of London Bridge (to be fair, not SASTAS fault I guess). If had been a real alarm (I'm guessing it wasn't given how quickly it was over) then there would have to be some explaining of why so many passengers were walking into the station as the PA was telling people to get out, the complete crush outside the main doors after everyone had left and then the great idea to let everyone back in but only open one of the doors at the front of the concourse with (I guess) 2-3000 people waiting to come back in (but all was fine, because there was a5ft tall woman with a soft voice at the front telling people to walk slowly and not push).

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Last night I tried to book tickets on line for first time in a few months. My first experience of their redesigned webpage. Is is just me or is it deliberately designed to be confusing so you screw up and end up buying more expensive tickets? The prices seemed to change virtually by the minute and allegedly first class was cheaper for Worthing- Victoria return than standard

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here