Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento out on loan

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was really hoping this was going to be his season. Looks like we'll have to wait until next season :down:

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
IMO Moder will go on loan too,if (when) fit as the same applies he will not get the games he will need with us to get fit……

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Makes sense, he needs the games. Really looking forward to seeing how he gets on playing regular games - keeping free of injury hopefully.

Would like to see him go somewhere like Portugal - he’s obviously lived there already so shouldn’t be any settling issues and a decent, technical league.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
If he does go out on loan then he needs to be playing in a decent attacking side and ideally in La Liga. The focus on creative play rather than a physical battle will help him to grow.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
IMO Moder will go on loan too,if (when) fit as the same applies he will not get the games he will need with us to get fit……
Tend to agree and whilst I think Sarmiento should go abroad, Moder would do better in a Championship side to build strength and confidence.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Was really looking forward to seeing him this season, and thought with the extra games he would be needed, but I guess this does make sense given his injury.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Leicester seems a good choice.
Are they not likely to be after some slightly more established players to plug the gap left by those two? I know we rate Jeremy very highly but it’s all pure potential at the moment.

If our intention is for him to get 35+ games next season, a Coventry or any club with slightly lower expectations and that are generally more reliant on the loan market feels more realistic. Possibly abroad, as some have mentioned.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Are they not likely to be after some slightly more established players to plug the gap left by those two? I know we rate Jeremy very highly but it’s all pure potential at the moment. Possibly abroad, as some have mentioned.

If our intention is for him to get 35+ games next season, a Coventry or any club with slightly lower expectations and that are generally more reliant on the loan market feels more realistic.
Not sure why a lot of people seem to think the best solution for Jeremy and his situation is to feed him to the Ben Thatcher clones of the Championship playing on some frozen muddy pitch in Plymouth, when we could just loan him to a decent club in Spain where he'd get a lot of game time in any but the top clubs.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe Alzate coming back has affected the thinking here, I think they are players with similar attributes, and with Alzate now 24, and a year of contract left, excluding any additional option year (I think?), he needs to have a season here and make an impact, or move on. I am hoping we see a lot of Alzate.
I guess Sarmiento could be recalled in January if we are injury impacted, or raided for players by Chelsea, or just for when the FA Cup later rounds kick in, Carabao Cup late rounds if we are still in, and knockout stages of Europa League if we are still in.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Not sure why a lot of people seem to think the best solution for Jeremy and his situation is to feed him to the Ben Thatcher clones of the Championship playing on some frozen muddy pitch in Plymouth, when we could just loan him to a decent club in Spain where he'd get a lot of game time in any but the top clubs.
I would guess he speaks fluent Spanish too, given his Ecuadorean family (although raised in London) and that he’s always hanging out with our LatAm group of players. And he came to us from Benfica, so has lived in Iberia already.

There must be some mid to low table La Liga club who could use him well, like a Celta, Osasuna or Mallorca.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Why? He’s barely played any football in the 2 years he’s been here
Agreed - we’ve had some flashes of great potential… hence this being a loan I guess, but he’s seemingly as brittle as one of those polystyrene model planes newsagents and seaside gift shops sell.

However, I’ll miss his frankly amazing hair…

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here