Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sarmiento out on loan

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
RDZ has all but confirmed that he is off.

I was really looking forward to seeing him this season but he plays in similar roles to Lallana, Joao Pedro, Enciso and Buonanotte so I guess that game time would have been an issue, especially with Mitoma and March nailed on as our 1st choice wingers.

Hopefully he gets his 35 games at a high quality level. I’d love to see him in the EPL with a Burnley or even Luton.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I was really looking forward to seeing him this season but he plays in similar roles to Lallana, Joao Pedro, Enciso and Buonanotte so I guess that game time would have been an issue, especially with Mitoma and March nailed on as our 1st choice wingers.

Hopefully he gets his 35 games at a high quality level. I’d love to see him in the EPL with a Burnley or even Luton.

Agreed.

It feels like the injury has really set him back in terms of the players that have leapfrogged him, and the ones we've bought in.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agreed.

It feels like the injury has really set him back in terms of the players that have leapfrogged him, and the ones we've bought in.

Heart and Soul

Jul 7, 2023
Best solution. I've wanted this to happen for a while but people have just laughed it off... but it really makes sense. He needs to start playing a lot more minutes than we can give him here.
Should be very easy to find him a club in Serie A or La Liga where he can play every week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Best to keep him in England, isn't it? A decent Championship side like, The Leeds or Coventry.

scwiffy

Jun 24, 2011
That’s a shame, he’s looked amazing last season when he played, I thought he’d have played a decent part this season, but understand it might not be enough minutes for him to progress. Whoever gets him will be lucky, he’s very silky on the ball, incredible technique, lively and had started to add some end product to him game.

Maybe RDZ rates Alzate more?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think it's exciting. I think Enciso and Ferguson have made us think that a player's progress should be rapid but it's very unusual to have players that age who can consistently contribute. He's what? 20? A baby. A really good, injury free season on loan will be the making of him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here