Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The above pictures made me smile. They just shout happy days and memories. Good on you all. Quality Truprints.

SheffieldSeagulls

Dec 6, 2014
Only met Sarah a couple of times at away games up north. But she was an ever present with her siamese twin Liz. She will be sadly missed by many Albion fans both home and away. I just hope that TB and the club say goodbye with grace and that Sarah is truly remembered for her long and hard work for FFA and the supporters club.

RIP Sarah

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Only found out today that my daughter was one of the people helping to look after Sarah in her final weeks at the care home where she works. She had mentioned to me before Christmas that she was looking after a lady who was a keen Albion supporter but didn't tell me her name so it hadn't clicked with me that it was Sarah.
My daughter said what a lovely lady she was to look after, never complaining about her condition and always talking about the Albion and always smiling. I never knew Sarah but, like everyone else was well aware of all the hard work she had put in over the years ensuring our club's survival.
R.I.P. Sarah and condolences to her family.

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
RIP Sarah, such sad news.

I don't think I ever spoke to her, but I do recognise her. I guess being a football fan is like that, faces you know.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I didn't know her but knew of her, and who she was. In fact I imagine all Albion supporters from a certain era at least knew of her because of her tireless Albion support and good natured character. RIP.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If anyone deserves to have their name on a Brighton & Hove Bus it must surely be Sarah. Have asked bus company to oblidge.

Yes, 100%

Rather a person with the deep respect she has than an ancient privileged crusty who did little for the local people of the time.

A very good suggestion.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
That picture of her made me feel a little tearful.

One of the more recognisable faces from the Withdean days. I only ever spoke to her once. I was handing out leaflets at the Lib Dem conference and she was orchestrating the proceedings from a table and rallying the troops. She was like a cuddly marine. Incredibly welcoming and friendly, but entirely focused on rescuing our stadium dream.

Very sad to hear of her untimely demise.

RIP Sarah

Aug 16, 2013
So sorry to hear Sarah has gone - I heard only just before Christmas that she was ill. Sarah was always an important presence in the Goldstone years, the Gillingham years, the Withdean years and right through to now at the Amex.

She used to go to away matches with a group including my late brother Roy and my late sister Karen (Chuter), with quite a few of those who have already posted in memory of Sarah. All 3 have left us too soon.

I think applause at 50 minutes at the Arsenal game on your 50th birthday - as well as any Brentford tribute - would be very fitting, especially as the family have posted here that they would be very happy if it happens.

RIP Sarah, hope you can follow the games from whereever you are now. Love from the last Chuter standing.
xx

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
For those who didn't know Sarah Watts, or perhaps who couldn't put a name to the face, this is her (I hope the Supporters Club won't mind me borrowing the image from their website). A lady who devoted countless hours to following even the very worst of Albion teams all around the country, on the famous red & cream-liveried Brighton & Hove Buses coach. She probably spent more time on that coach than most of the company's drivers have in their entire careers.

Thanks for all you've done for our football club, Sarah. Where you are now, I don't know, but I like to think the seats there are blue & white and the Albion always win (10-0 when we play Palace).

Thanks, Edna, for the opportunity to put a face with the name; its a name that has been synonymous with BHAFC in the many years I've been a supporter, &, though I never met her, I'm certain I will have seen Sarah at any number of grounds around the country. That in itself makes her 'one of us', but its all the super-extra efforts, Falmer, tackling homophobia, etc., that make this a greater loss to our club. RIP, & condolences to all family & friends. :bhasign:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Club and fans (of both clubs) did Sarah proud today. Minute's applause on the 49th minute, standing ovation, photos on the giant screens, a wide array of tributes in the programme. Total respect to all concerned.

The Wards

Jan 6, 2015
To everyone who was at the game today...can we just say a huge thanks for the amazing response to our sister Sarah..you truly are a fantastic "family" and if only she could have given CMS a little "extra" help.
We have been very touched by ALL your comments since her passing on the 6th January.
As quite a few of you know it would have been her 50th birthday on Monday 26th January the day after we entertain Arsenal...we will be there and she will too....if Brighton play with the grit and determination that they did today when they were down to 9 men then it would be a fantastic present for her and everyone involved.
Thanks again.
The Family.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Liz Costa came in to the Reverb studio to record her tribute to Sarah Watts - and tell a few stories of her life - last week.

You can hear it at http://albionroar.co.uk/recent-shows.php

A very interesting listen. Insightful and informative in regards to both Sarah and Liz. By the way towards the end of the interview Liz mentioned "The Battle of Longford" but did not go into great detail. What was the "Battle of Longford"? Anyone know?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports