Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sarah Watts - a real Albion hero RIP

Feb 14, 2010
BHA and Sussex owe a great deal to Sarah and the others who stood up and were counted during and after the Archer years. So young.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Very sad news indeed,
I've known her for over 30 years and no matter where we were playing, she would always be there.
Taken far too young, R.I.P

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dreadful news. RIP Sarah. So much a part of the Albion 'family' for so many years. Condolences to her relatives and friends.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Very sad to hear this news. Sarah and Liz sat behind us at Withdean and we would often chat and banter and bump into them both when we ventured to away games. Sarah was a true Albion stalwart and the club played a major part of her life. RIP Sarah, one of the good guys gone.

Last edited:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Tragically young. She was part of the furniture at Withdean. RIP Sarah and thanks for all the hard work

Feb 14, 2010
If the Arsenal game was to be Sarah's 50th birthday then on 50 minutes there could be a minutes applause and the club could also get behind that. The crowd should then sing her name. I actually think such gestures are used too often but for Sarah and the like, it would be genuine and truly well earned. She was one of us. The press might not understand but Sarah did more for this club than any player or manager ever could. Just a thought.

ada4bha

Jan 27, 2010
Though not so close in recent years, I have so many great memories of Sarah and just want to add my gratitude for the enormous amount of time and effort that she put into BHA FC. Her support for the club knew no boundries and as so many have said before without Sarah BHA would not be around today.

Sarah, thanks for the memories of Lisbon 1988, coach journeys to far flung grounds around the country, for supper occasionally and for those oh so important lifts home to Worthing after midweek away days. Most importantly, thanks for being a true football fan who never gave up.

Rest in Peace Sarah ... You will never be forgotten.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
RIP Sarah. She is one of the reasons for my passion for all things BHAFC. When I was a kid, Brighton played away to Grimsby where I was living at the timr and she met me outside the ground and made sure I was ok. She also persuaded the police to allow me to walk home just over the road instead of getting on a bus back to Brighton!

Miami Seagull

Grandad
Jul 12, 2003
Miami Florida, USA
RIP Sarah. I remember you well from the Goldstone, Gillingham and many away days at remote places. You were always there, supporting through thick and thin. Thank you for everything you did. You will always be fondly remembered.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
RIP Sarah. I never knew you but it appears your passing has touched many people.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Other than a passing comment at various football grounds with You or Liz I sadly did not have the pleasure of getting to talk to you, however I was aware you were always there RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here